Florida Doctors?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by ryder442, Dec 14, 2008.

1. ryder442

ryder442 New Member

I recently moved to Florida and have been diagnosed with Fibro. After a lot of my own research my symptoms seem more in the lines with Lyme. I am on the Gulf coast, does anyone know of any doctors who are familiar or recognize this disease and test for it? I am desparately searching for answers and trying to get a normal life back. I grew up in NY and was an avid outdoorsman all my life. Getting bitten by ticks was common in my life. I'd like to be tested to either rule it out or seek proper treatment of the cause and stop this treating the symptoms.
  2. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

I am in the panhandle of Florida and I have searched for a doctor here who would help me for over 10 years. So, I can help you pass all of those!!! Since May of this year, I have been going to the FFC in Atlanta for chronic fatigue and fibro. After 5 months of no relief with their very expensive treatment (they do not accept insurance) I asked them what was next. She ran a full viral and bacterial panel, one of which had to be sent specifically to Igenex in CA. (Cost me $200 out of pocket) and I found out that I have Lyme. After 20 years, I finally know why I am so freaking tired!!! But, finding out on this board, Lyme is difficult to keep at bay. My FFC doctor goes to a lot of Lyme seminars because she has found out that half of her patients have Lyme/co-infections. But, I have recently found out that there is a doctor in Destin (Lentz) who is treating Lyme patients. But, I know that a lot of the older Lymees recommend going to a real LLMD, which the closest is waaaayyy down south florida, or up in Pennsylvania.
  3. ryder442

ryder442 New Member

I found a doctor in the Tampa Area who is ILADS Michael Cichon, he specializes in Infectious Disease and is a Neurologist. So I plan on giving him a try.
  4. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

There is also an infectious disease guy in Destin. Dr. Anastasio, not sure if that is closer. Not sure how good he is. Where I am in the panhandle Atlanta is closer than Tampa. Let me know if you like this doctor and how he treats you.