florida doctors

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by paulsgirl, Jul 2, 2003.

1. paulsgirl

paulsgirl New Member

hi im anna and im new to this chat thing i just moved to jacksonville florida and i cant find a doctor who will treat me like the ones were i started in missouri they dont know of the medications ive been on for three years now plus they want to give me the run around about referal this referal that is their someone else in florida that they can refer me to a good doctor that will take the medicaid card my medicare doesnt start until august but the doctors say that if i come off of the medications that i was on i have to start my treatments all over again and this time it might be worse repercustions from this because im so heavily medicated all the time can someone help me please thanks anna
    [This Message was Edited on 07/03/2003]
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm not in Florida, but I know we have folks here from Florida---hope they can direct you to somebody good!

Welcome to the group!

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. paulsgirl

paulsgirl New Member

thanks pam for listening to my story it always help to know someone is listening

anna
  4. horsegal

horsegal New Member

Where did you live in MO. I'm here now and am always looking for a good Doc. I live in the middle of MO Home of the state fair. Sorry I can't help you in Florida, but there are many here who can!

Horsegal
  5. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

Anna, maybe you "should" change the title of your post to add "florida".

You can try the doctor referral section at this site. Don't know if that will work for ya. Otherwise, find out about local CFS or FMS support groups and contact them.
  6. splitnget

splitnget New Member

I live outside of jacksonville and I too am looking for a doc in jax for FMS. I have been told Andrea Trescot in OP is great. She is a pain doc tho and I dont know if she takes medicaid. Good luck in your search and welcome to Florida. If I come across anyone I'll let you know..

Kim