Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PainPainGoAway, Oct 5, 2008.

1. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

Hi Fran--
    Wondering how you are holding up?
    Take Care and hope you see this!
  2. hi all,

painpaingoaway,thankyou for asking how i am doing,its very sweet of you to remember me.

im doing ok at the moment thankyou,but do have a very bad cold.im taking antibiotics for it (amoxicillin 500mg capsules),as i ended up getting a chest infection,but i do work in a school and many people are off ill with this cold virus.

im due to get my flu jab on thursday this week.i have the jab every year,and i pray it doesnt flare my fibromyalgia up this year,like it did last year.id never had problems with it before,up until last october 2007.

i dont want the flu, and thats why i get the jab,so fingers crossed that i get through this.

im still with my husband,and it turns out that he was having small bleeds in his eye.he,s on statins after having had high chlorestrol,and a heart attack a few years ago.

his blood pressure is up a bit due to him doing overtime at work,but he,s told his boss about the health problems,and they are being a bit kinder to him as regards not over working him.

so that means that he isnt stressing me out,like he did a few month ago.

im having problems with fibro pain while i have this cold,but i apply biofreeze pain releaving gel,to the painfull parts of my body.it seems to help with the pain.

i stopped taking my supplements,and ginger root,while ive been on the anti biotics,but i finish those in a couple of days,and will then go back on my ginger and the supplements,as i can always tell when i stop those things.ill start to get stiff,feel fatigued,and feel like a headache might come.

anyway,many thanks for remembering me,and i think im managing ok with our new site,thank goodness.

take care,love fran
  3. PainPainGoAway

I'm sorry to hear you've been sick but glad you're getting better. We've been sick here too. Not fun!
    Thanks for replying! It's good to see you back!
  4. PainPainGoAway

I saw your post earlier but was too ill to reply but certainly wouldn't consider anyone hijacking this post...jump in anytime...I was happy to see Fran back on the boards too, as she had been having a rough time.
  5. hi all,

i thought id just let you know that i had my flu jab yesterday and all seems well with it this year.my arm just feels a bit tender,but ive woke up this morning with no body stiffness,and no feelings of being ill.

last year i was made stiff and bedbound with the flu jab,for a couple of days for some reason.

so if you had a bad reaction to the jab last year,it doesnt mean you will have the same this year.

i was told that,even though ive just finished a course of anti biotics for a resent chest infect,i could still go ahead and have the flu jab,as i wasnt feeling ill.

many thanks again for asking how i am.

i wish i could say that the fibro had left me for good,now ,that would be great wouldnt it.

im still managing to get to my part time job,but i do have to save all of my energy in the morning,to be able to work in the afternoon.its a case of rest,so that i can work.

but you know me,i plod on as best as i can,and remain grateful for what i can still do.

take care all,love fran