Flu and FMS....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by iconracr, Aug 4, 2003.

1. iconracr

iconracr New Member

I am feeling so rotten. Worse than EVER. I have the flu and bad. I did not think my body could ach worse than the FMS but, it does! OUCH!!!!

I stopped taking my Kloupin because I am taking Benedryl and worry about a reaction. My Doctor still has not called me back. So just doing what I have to do.

Any recommendations? I have TWO little kids and THEY are taking care of me. Well, almost.

Thanks in advance. Cheryl
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

All last week.. (posted about it on the worship board)
    Three sons, and husband and myself.. we had a virus. Thought it was the West Nile Virus. Started out with severe headaches, neck pain. Fever and chills. Some vomitting, and diareha. Went to the docs found out it was just a virus. Was a scare. Was very nerve wracking to say the least. Trying to care for sick ones, when me too was so sick. Just getting over it now. Was sick for a week. Was a mad house here. Just do the best you can. It will get better soon. Sleep, drink lots of clear liquids. If possible get a family member, relative to come and help out.
    Explain to the young ones that you aren't feeling well. Need quiet and cannot do for them as much until it passes.

3. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

It is rough on us when flu strikes.Heat pads all over body help ,lots of water,lost of no movement(will b hard w/kids eh?)When sick the most possible water does me good.I hope you recover quickly! Peace,lisa
  4. iconracr

iconracr New Member

I will try the heating pad. My whole body hurts worst then it normally does. But, mainly my neck and upper back.

And the pressure in my face. OUCH!!!

I have a fever of 100.4 (99.4 is normal every day for me). Even with motrin I have this.

I will just rough if out like everything else.

Cheryl
  5. lease79

lease79 New Member

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain :(
    I too had the flu the other week. I am still getting over it now.
    I couldn't believe that my body was capable of being in so much discomfort on top of the cfs/fms. I couldn't get out of bed.
    Thankfully my dh was able to help me most days, as we have 4 children under 6. He did all the mornings & all I pretty much did was look after the baby.
    Hope that you are feeling better soon!

Lease
  6. iconracr

iconracr New Member

Still after 4 days. The fever finally broke to 99.6, my normal. My body hurts so bad.

The doctor wants to try steroids for a respritory infection. I HATE it, gain at least 5 pounds when I take that stuff.

Thanks for the post.

C