Flu equals flare equals OW!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Saoirse3, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

I never saw it coming, or at least I didn't think it would come on that fast. My husband had had a stomach flu last Thursday and was sick all day Friday. He was well enough Saturday to attend a big fundraiser dinner with me, and we drove the 3 hours and stayed in a hotel. I was fine at the buffet, ate moderately and went back. I got in the hot tub for a bit and went back to my room. I started to watch a PBS special when suddenly it felt like a wrecking ball hit my stomach. I couldn't get to the bathroom fast enough. I dehydrated in about half an hour. I couldn't even take a sip of water. The hotel staff must have thought we were raising puppies in our room, because we used every single towel. I absolutely dreaded the trip home - three hours on icy, bumpy roads and only two indoor bathrooms. The sum total of my food intake this week has been ginger ale, apple sauce and grapefruit sections. Nothing else wants to stay down and the stomach pain is awful. Add to that the fact that three days before I got the flu, I had flipped off the back porch and gone airborne onto the icy parking lot, landing on elbows, knees and head against our metal grate (made to keep you from falling on the ice!).

I am pretty sure all of this has sent me into a mega flare, and the only painkillers I can take are ibuprofen. I have some emu oil/MSM cream that helps some, but opiods are out because of the side effects. Anybody have any suggestions? I'd dance nude in the snow if I thought it would help and I wouldn't get arrested or stuck on YouTube! LOL!