Flu for Xmas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Dec 23, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

It's finally happened. I was run down enough, and trying to clean this place up for the annual inspection. I got badly dosed with breathing in a spray cleaner I was using and it burned my throat and sinuses. Apparently it was enough to let in the flu, cause I rarely ever get any kind of upper respiratory or colds or anything like that. So now, I'm a Nyquil commercial. And I'll be uber sick for Xmas. And I've only got about a week to finish cleaning this place up for the inspection and I can't do anything right now. I'm doing the whole fluids and rest thing as much as I can and I dosed my dinner with garlic powder.

I'm so sick of always being sick, especially on holidays.
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your flu. It just seems like a double blow to be sick when you've been preparing to have a pleasant time.

Just this year, after having a mild cold three weeks ago, I was hoping I'd ditched our 'Christmas jinx' -- some or all of us three have been sick for Christmas for the last three years -- but I was too hasty. Last week my son and I came down with the virus that my husband had two weeks ago. We are fortunate to be on the upswing now, but my mother-in-law had to postpone her visit arrival for an extra day while we were recuperating. I've missed two of the last four Sunday church services...and I LOVE Advent because we get to sing great songs and it is so festive.

If you can, get horizontal, pull up a blanket and hot tea or cocoa, and turn on one of the old Christmas movies and enjoy some non-stress holiday spirit. I'll be right there with you!
  3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I really hate this. I'm all clogged up. I really wish I knew why we get these things. It makes us completely nonproductive.

Have a Merry Christmas.