flu helper..........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Jan 10, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

After being in my 4th week of that horrible flu, started feeling better, but fever & bodyaches would return if I went out. So decided to google that & see what came up.

Well, sure wish I'd tried this weeks ago......a great article about how for generations people would use "Eldeberry" ; classified an anti-viral, and to reduce pain & fever.

I ordered some Eldeberry Extract today, so will see the results. Ahh, the remedies before drugs!!

LIGHT**********carole

2. skierchik

skierchik New Member

See my post on the Influenza, hopefully it can help you.

Elderberry supports immune function...but it probably won't be enough. They key is to combat it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, not letting it get a good start. When it does get a good start, you should be able to get rid of it in 2-3 days tops.

Hope this helps!!

skierchik
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Unfortunately the homeopathic remedy never worked for me years ago, and the other one you suggested......well the hot pepper would not go down well.

I love spices, but have IBS & gastritis, etc., so anything hot tears me up.

Appreciate your passing this info along, as it may help others.

LIGHT*************carole
  4. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Elderberry seems to help me somewhat but not every time. What does really help me is ProBoost every 2 hours as soon as you feel ill. Prohealth sells it; it's expensive but really worth it.
    GSE at 15 drops avery 2 hours nails most stomach bugs for me too, I put it in an empty capsule to take it as it's quite bitter.

Hope you feel much better soon!
    Gretchen