Flu in Your Area??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Dec 17, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I live in Indiana. When our son was in the ER, one of the nurses mentioned the flu outbreak they are dealing with.

On Thursday, it hit home. Well, for me at least. It won't go away. All typical flu symptoms and they just won't leave!! Arrrggghh. Between our son's accident and this, I am so behind on Christmas. Still not a decoration in sight.

Just wanted to know if this is affecting other areas in the country,world,etc?

I hope you've all, had a nice weekend.

2. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I haven't seen any flu traces here yet, but I was reading articles today on yahoo news saying the country was preparing for a flu pandemic. I was confused, is there something that's triggered this? I hadn't heard anything about excessive flu outbreaks.

I got my flu shot but I'm still scared. O_O
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I should have qualified by saying I had the 'stomach flu'.
    Hopefully, this brohncial cough I have stays just that.

Thanks for giving me the updates in your areas!

Stay healthy and well!

Take care,

4. Qweevox

Qweevox New Member

Half the office has been out with it. Seems to hang on a long time. 2-3 days of peak misery and up to a week of not feeling 100%. After my assistant went out last week I've been taking a lot of vit C. I figure it can't hurt.

I haven't come down with it...but heck I've never had a flu shot and I have never had the flu. I wouldn't worry to much about it. It's just the crude not a killer.