flu injection

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ellie5320, May 9, 2006.

1. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I have never had( age 56) I am an ashmatic fairly controled my dr suggested it today any opinions please I said no by the way.
    Linda
  2. gladone

gladone New Member

3. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I get the flu shot every yr. that I am allowed.(shortages leave me out,I am borderline on high risk)I never get the flu when I get the shot.the yrs. I don't get the shot,I get the flu EVERY time.My son brings home all kinds of ailments from school.
  4. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

i am in Australia so the seasom is just starting
  5. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

"Q. Is it true that flu shots contain mercury? Is this harmful?
    No name/ No state given

A.Inactivated influenza vaccine used in the United States may contain thimerosal, a preservative that contains a very small amount of mercury. There's no evidence that thimerosal in vaccines causes any health problems, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

In 1999, the U.S. Public Health Service and other groups recommended reducing the thimerosal content in vaccines to decrease total mercury exposure, especially in infants and pregnant women. Today, with the exception of some flu vaccines, none of the routine vaccines given in childhood contains thimerosal.

According to the CDC, removal of thimerosal in influenza vaccine is a complicated process. The production of flu vaccine without thimerosal will be increased as vaccine manufacturing capabilities are expanded. In the meantime, it's important to keep in mind that the benefits of influenza vaccine far outweigh the theoretical risk, if any, for exposure to thimerosal. Each year, about 36,000 people in the United States die of influenza."

I get a flu shot every year, and a pneumonia shot every three to five years. I have diabetes, and I had gastric bypass, so I need the shots.

They have never hurt me, and they probably help me to stay "healthy". Whatever healthy is. LOL

God Bless.

6. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I am unsure now whether to have it or not I have enough chemical sensativities but I also do not want the flu I am not in contact with people as much now I am not working so my resistance maybe down but then again not around people to give it to me very confused
    Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 05/10/2006]