flu like symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bankergirl, Jan 16, 2006.

1. bankergirl

bankergirl New Member

Hi, I am new to this site so maybe someone out there can give some input. I am 45 years old, active and work two jobs. I am probably 20 to 25 pounds overweight and battle with this everyday. I get a flu shot yearly. For the past 2 months I have had flu like symptoms. My entire body aches even down to my toes. My elbows and my knees are tender and my right hip and leg hurts the most when I lay down to sleep. Although, I constantly feel fatigued, cannot sleep at night doe to the pain and take something like Tylenol PM nightly.

Any input to what might be going on would be appreciated.
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

Have you talked to your dr yet about any of the pain? I understand how overwhelming it can all be.

I hope if I bump this back to the top there will be someone that can help.

Welcome to the board!
    Kelly
  3. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I get flu like symptoms all the time when I have a major flare. It is not a good feeling, you start feeling like you are going to get hit with a terrible bug, chills, bodyaches and all and then I go into my flare and never really come down with the flu.

By the way, welcome to the board. I am so glad you joined us and I hope you get a lot of useful info on here. There are lots of very knowledgable and nice warm people on here.

God Bless
    hugs,
    kgangel
  4. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

oh yes, get that too. it is a major flare. the pain is random, awful, unforgiving.

and it DOES feel like the flu only i've never had a fever during it. neither does a friend of mine have fevers during one of her major flares.

mine last 3-4 days in the summer. hers seem to go on heavily too but less full continous days.

during those major flares, it's difficult to get relief for me. even with the pain meds. it sometimes just doesn't touch it.

i hope you get through this flare quickly and feel better soon.