"Flu" may be heavy metal toxicity muscle testing shows

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Jun 1, 2006.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Hi everyone -

I don’t post very often but do come here a lot. I’ve been sick off and on (more on than off) for about 7 months. I thought I had the flu in December - intestinal cramping and intermittent diarrhea, but no vomiting, and sinus congestion for over 5 weeks. Of course, no fever. Symptoms have recurred off and on since. I mentioned to a few doctors my symptoms and I just said my immune system seemed to be very weak and they concurred.

I’ve been taking, off and on, pau d’arco, garlic, expensive mushroom extract, vitamin C, colostrum and a few other things. Oh yes, Airborne and more stuff.

I used to have a chiropractor who did muscle testing and was very good in helping me with several things, but I moved about a year ago.

This week I went to a chiropractor in my new town. He did his muscle testing and told me I had heavy metal toxicity in my liver and gallbladder and small intestine and gave me Parotid and AF Betafood by Standard Process, and I’m to pick up Livaplex next week.

I took Parotid 3 or 4 years ago for a major liver detox for chemical solvents and was sick for a month, it was quite rough, and I was afraid of going through that again. But I decided to add activated charcoal that Mike Reynolds mentioned in his post for mopping up toxins. I started the Parotid last night and was rather sick today, worse, so I started the charcoal - 2 capsules - between meals, and am starting to feel better. I think it might work.

But what kills me is that I have been languishing for WEEKS with no hope in sight, just assuming that my immune system was weak. And that may have not been the problem at all. And actually my sinus congestion has finally cleared up. My lower half is tender but better I think.

I recently had a hair analysis done which showed low levels for heavy metals, but I just read today that your levels can actually be higher if you have trouble excreting them and they are stored in your tissues. That’s me.

Ironically, I think this may have all been triggered by chlorella. I started it late last November because it’s high in RNA and is cleansing and detoxing etc. I know I had a very low tolerance for it, had to go with a very low dose. Otherwise I got too sick on it. So I think it may have stirred toxins up and got them moving through my system, but I was unable to get rid of them and they re-settled in my digestive tract. This is just a theory but it makes sense to me.

I know you’re not supposed to take the charcoal long-term as it may interfere with absorption of nutrients but I think in the short run it may make detoxing heavy metals bearable.

Also, my new chiropractor wanted me to buy a homeopathic remedy which he said greatly reduced the amount of time detoxing, but it cost $85 (!!!) He said that is his cost. I have spent so much money lately on my health, and $85 for one remedy made me gasp. Also I have spent $85 before on various remedies with very little to show for it so did not buy it. But am rethinking it now - hope springs eternal (or a sucker is born every minute)

Also, I read on this website how cilantro is supposed to help with getting rid of toxins - I love cilantro. There was recipe for cilantro pesto, but I’ve been too tired to make it but the post said you could just take a couple of tablespoons a day so I may do that too.

I had several mercury amalgam fillings in my mouth which were removed many years ago. I also worked at a job with heavy exposure to chemical solvents in my late teens, so assume that both of those may be sources of my toxicity.

So - I am starting to feel hopeful again - it’s been weeks since I had a good day. This hasn’t been the regular CFIDS crash - I haven’t had the energy to do enough to have a crash. I just thought I was sick and could not get over it.

The proof is in the pudding and I’ll let you know how it goes. I decided to post this in case others are struggling with similar problems. And next time I will not wait months and months before finding someone who can do muscle testing for me. It has helped me so much when nothing else did. The muscle testing is called neuro response - I think it’s an outgrowth of contact reflex analysis.

Mary
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Several hundred thousand people die each year due to drug interactions and improper medical care. Should we give up on traditional medicine then? Well, I won’t get into that here. Traditional medical care did provide an emergency c-section for me when I had placenta previa when my twins were born and saved my life and their lives.

My point is that there are competent and incompetent traditional and alternative health care providers. It doesn’t mean that we should give up on them, but it does mean that we have to educate ourselves and take responsibility for our own care.

I was extremely fortunate when I found a chiropractor who was very skilled in muscle testing. I had gone to regular doctors with complaints of exhaustion, my digestion being off and on and on and on, with no help. They just shrugged, one gave me Prozac which just made me wired but still tired. They didn’t know what to do. Their tests showed nothing wrong so they were helpless.

My chiropractor, on the other hand, discovered weak adrenals, inflamed gallbladder, toxic liver and a few other things. And the proof was in the results - all of my symptoms related to those things got much better using the Standard Process products he gave me, based on his muscle testing. I would have been totally lost without him, and maybe bedridden. Unfortunately, he has not been able to do anything for the “post-exertional malaise” I have, exercise intolerance. But he’s helped me in so many other ways.

So I think it’s unfortunate that you’re basing your judgment of muscle testing on people who don’t know what they’re doing. It is a skill, you have to know what you’re doing. It can be misused, just like people misuse prescription drugs.

I did see one chiropractor once who didn’t know what he was doing with muscle testing. So you do have to be careful. The only way I know of deciding if someone is competent is by results. And I think we do the same with traditional doctors. Do they help or hurt us?

And for chronic illness like chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia, I think it’s well-established that the traditional medical model is almost completely helpless. I think we need to keep open minds to alternative healing methods. I’ve tried things out of desperation that no healthy person would. And many things I’ve tried have not helped. But the muscle testing is one that, in the right hands, is an extremely valuable tool.

Mary
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I've been taking milk thistle for a few years, ever since I did a major liver detox. I have used dandelion tea in the past also. I think my liver is overall in good shape (much better than before the detox) but I guess I do have more toxins in my system that need to get out.

I don't know anything about bioresonance therapy, will have to look it up. My main problem right now seems to be getting rid of toxins. I do think the charcoal is helping because I think I would be worse off if I wasn't taking it. The parotid is chelating the toxins but then they have to get out of my system.

I can't remember what it's like to be "normal" - I guess that's true for too many of us.

Mary
  4. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I for one would only take results if they actually had taken a piece of my muscle sent it to the lab and had it tested under a microscope.

I used alternative treatment for many years. I was dx in 1998. I never used medications I just used natural supplements.

So here I am in 2006 and feel as if a huge semi runs over me every minute. Needless to say I am now on medications and can function somewhat normally.

I had a great doctor that trusted me when I came in ad say my naturopath and chiropractor said this and this and want me to try this and this.

Well I was gradually getting worse and worse and not better to the point I thought I was going to die. So we had to wean off my natural treatments.

I think she is saying be careful. And I commend her for that.

I see a lot of people on her go that natural way and that is great. But I agree with her when she says be careful.

Tracy
  5. matthewson

matthewson New Member

It's quackery! There is no science involved in this.
  6. matthewson

matthewson New Member

But, if you haven't been on here long, hold onto your hat! It may not be a pleasant ride! Probably more on here who believe in this stuff and will post than people who will side with you and me!

Believe me, I have been through this before.

Sally