Flu or Fibro flare????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I am not sure what is going on I am feeling horrible! I have the chills and fever and muscle aches worse than usual, severe headaches and neck pain, weakness, tiredness, all of these worse than usual. Do ya'll think it's flu or fibro flare? Thanks Pam
  2. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

Sorry you feel so terrible. If you have fever you probably have a flu. I would advise you to call the doctor. The flu is probably making your fibro worse too. Hang in there.
  3. joanng

joanng New Member

Isn't it sad that we can't tell the difference sometimes since we feel so crappy most of the time? I was sick 2 weeks ago and it started with chills, RLS feelings in my legs AND back so I thought it was a major flare-up but I had a low grade fever for 3 days. It continued to develop with severe ear pain, sore throat and lots of mucus, congestion, etc. Sorry to say, but you probably have the flu. You'll need lots of tea, chicken soup and rest. Take care of yourself.
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

...have you been exposed to someone who has the flu? I can usually tell when I'm getting a cold or flu because I get really tired and weepy. I just feel like crying and normally I don't feel that way when it is a flare.

Drink lots of liquids and rest, rest, rest.
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

Exactly how I feel most of the time..I never have a fever so guess its my cfs..I feel this way every week..it may last a day or a week, then a few days of not feeling so bad only for it to return..

Hope whatever it is it doesn't last long..
    greatgran
  6. darude

darude New Member

Sound like the flu. I had this recently and the muscle pain was awful thought I was at the end but has gone now.