Flu People??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Dec 30, 2005.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Well now that this Type A flu is heading all over the country, am sure some of us have been hit.

On my 11th day of being housebound, yesterday tried to take a 5 minute walk!! Bad decision.........this flu grabbed me & put me back 3 days!! Can't believe how strong it is.

Of course with Lupus, CFIDS, Fibro, etc., etc., our bodies are so vulnerable (especially if you can't take the flushot)

Just curious to know how others are doing with it. Supposedly the worse one to come along in some time.

LIGHT & HEALING...............carole
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I was hit to the ground for many days, totally miserable. My RA flared too, bah! It was intense, I agree.
  3. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

We've managed to dodge up til now, but with one in daycare and one in grade school, it won't be long before it's running wild..

Sharon
  4. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

It has been about 14 days that I had the flu. If I try to
    do too much the symptoms start returning. I am taking
    Elderberry Syrup and seems to help some. I had a really
    high fever and bad chills with this flu. No fun at all!

Carole, keep resting and dont't overdue. Hope you get
    well soon.

Dreamharp
  5. sandi24

sandi24 New Member

Thankfully I had the flu shot as I know when I get ill all my symptoms get 100 times worse.

I had to look after my little granddaughter just before Christmas as she caught a bad cold and couldn't attend daycare.. wouldn't you just know it one week later hubby and I are down with this darn cold. My throat is raw and my head full of it but the worst thing is my aggravated symptoms, it is so painful I am having trouble getting some well needed sleep :(
  6. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I am just getting over a stomach flu couldn't even keep water down for three days and of course fibro flared up and couldn't keep down any pain medication. Finally feeling better today!
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I've been sick for over 4 weeks now. It's mainly respiratory, and then sometimes intestinal. I start to get better and then relapse. The worst is it makes me very tired. I've been sleeping 9-10 hours a night and still wake up tired.

I was taking lots of garlic, vit. C, and zinc lozenges, now have added pau d'arco and don't really know what else to do. Also am taking colostrum.

Hopefully it will be over soon, although when I do go out, I run into sick people everywhere so may keep getting reinfected.

Mary
  8. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Whatta bummer!! To cancel your anniversary........just not fair! But there's just no way you can "do" anything if you're hit as hard as you were.

Glad to hear you didn't have relapses after the 12 days. That's my worst fear.

Scared to try to do our dinner to night, as I just so want to get better.

LIGHT**************carole