Flu Shot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by berrytired, Apr 18, 2006.

1. berrytired

berrytired New Member

I recieved the flu shot for the first time this year...around January, I got sick in February recovered from that and now I'm sick again? anyone else have that experience...
  2. skierchik

skierchik New Member

the same thing has happened to me except this year when I got the shot I got really sick with the flu about 5 days after getting the shot. I've always gotten a shot for about the last 8 years or so and it seems to not work for me and make me really sick with the flu after getting one.(not every year though) I have two autoimmune diseases so I probably never should have gotten one and I never will again. I think for me, anyway, that I just need to concentrate on balancing and strengthening my immune system. If you interested, I have found some great tools to battle the flu. Look up my name and look for influenza. Also I was told that black elderberry tincture is a really good flu fighter. I haven't tried it yet.

Hope you feel better soon!

Skierchik

skierchik
  3. berrytired

berrytired New Member

Awww thank you. I had my first visit with a naturopath yesterday and she gave me some tips on getting rid of this she said that anyone with a low immune system is taking a risk with the flu shot and to let nature takes its course.I will look into your influeza post.
  4. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

U could be allergic to the sulfer..that eggs has in it. Some people do get ill from taking them. The people i know that get sick from after taking a flu shot. They don't take them anymore.
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Three days after my November flu shot I started to feel very achy, by the 8th day I could hardly walk across the room, my legs were hruting terribly, I had migraines and dizzyness came back that had cleared up.

I get sick every November, though this was the worse, as I am only just starting to feel better, myself, yet still get tired easily. So I am thinking it is the flu shot.

I had a friend who got this and each year would feel a little worse, then finally the year she turned 60, she got fullblown Guillne Barre(sp) disease and was in a wheelchair for 18 months and on a respirator for three weeks.

She always said that when the GB first kicked in it felt like the flares she had from the flu shot at first then got really bad. I have decided that I may be headed in the same direction, and although I am usually big on getting shots, I intend to pass next year.

Love Anne C
  6. berrytired

berrytired New Member

Thanks for the posts. I don't think I'll get it again. There are I think 200 strains of viruses out there...it can't cover them all.