FLU SHOTS, ANYONE HAD IT?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Anafun, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Anafun

Anafun Member

I am Diabetic with CFS and also Pregnant.AS a Diabetic i am a candidate for flu shots.Is it recommended in CFS.I was worried of its effect since our immune system is not a 100%.
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Anafun,

I have been getting them for years and have had FM, etc. for over 20 years. They have helped me alot with getting the flu or should I say not getting it.. However, there are many strains and you coud still get one but usually not as bad.

I suggest you get it esp if you have a history like I do of alot of Respiratory Infections flus, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc.

Everyone is different however.

Blessings,

Marilyn (granni)
  3. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Ana,

For me I can't do them ever again. We weren't told when these first became the thing to do that eggs were the culture medium to create these serums. I had severe reactions and was getting one bout of flu after another.I'm not allergic to eggs per say eatting and the like but I have a hyperactive immune system from dealing with the DDs. Quite a few of us do. I haven't had a shot in 8 years and will not even consider them again.I believe my doctor charted them as a no no for me. Maineweezie
  4. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

took the family to get them on Tuesday. My arm started to hurt that evening and is still a bit tender, then on Wednesday I felt like poop all day, thought I was coming down with the flu.

Not sure if it means the immunization is working or what.

Or it may be because that was the third day of a migrainey headache, and I was already exhausted from an all-day outing to an ag fair on Saturday, visit to friends when I should have rested up on Sunday, being called to help with something I volunteered for in my faith community on Monday or what...

ND thinks I maybe have FM and almost definitely have candida overgrowth. I wonder about CFS too. Haven;t been told to avoid eggs though...
  5. jg004o6371

jg004o6371 New Member

hi every1 havent had mine yet the begining of december for me,doc says its best for us to have bcause our immune system is low so it is best bcause of all the germs going round,
  6. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

I am supposedly diagnosed with CFS/Fibro but also diagnosed with Lyme. I had the shot this year and was fine.
    And more importantly...LAST YEAR..I was ill, and PREGNANT and it still didnt do any harm to me at all.