FLU Shots - Kay 31

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kay31, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Kay31

Kay31 Member

Hi all,

What's your take on FLU shots. My doctor in NC said NOT to take them because our systems are compromised. So I haven't had a flu shot in 4 years. Do any of you take them?

2. moxiepup

moxiepup New Member

Hi my Dr had the opposite reason to get a flu shot, she says we need them because our immune systems are comprimised.

gail
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

I've never had a problem with any of them. Also, the doctor recommended the pneumonia vaccine.

Originally they thought the pneumonia vaccine was a one time thing and you would be protected. But, I was told I should have a vaccine once every 5 or 6 years.

Dara
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

set me back big time for six months so NO flu shots for me.

Rosie
  5. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I can't have them either. I have FMS/CMPD.
    I have a Younger sister, who also has FMS and she get's the shot's with no problem.
    Weird, how some of us can tolerate something and other's can't but we have the same Condition.

It's funny too, because I am reading so much about Virus's and vaccines, yet I don't seem to be helped by them much.
    sharonk
  6. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Kay31, you might want to check out the New Medical Awareness website, whole bunch of literature on flu shots and other vaccinations, plus other websites to visit.

I can personally tell you that Dr. Tenpenny has been leading the path for vaccine awareness for over ten years now and has done extensive study on the topic, and has compiled the majority of her facts and figures from the CDC's own documents, the other side of the story that the vaccine manufacturers don't want you to know.

From my personal perspective, with a compromised immune system, no one should be given any type of vaccination or flu shot. Even animal vets don't vaccinate animals with a compromised immune system, and for good reason.

So do your research, kiddo, and then come up with your own conclusion. You might remember the hooopla last year, how the CDC was promoting flu shots as they had a ton of the stuff to get rid of, then when it was found to be contaminated and there was a shortage, since they had done such a very good job of mass hysteria propaganda before the contamination was discovered, then because of the shortage and the mass hysteria because of that, then the literature the CDC was sending out was that you don't really need a flu shot. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Take a look at the ingredients in these vaccines, even the flu shots, they are run through a whole slew of attenuated viruses, from pigs to chickens to cows to monkeys, even aborted fetuses are used, which are contaminated with who knows what, and then the chemical additives, formaldehyde, antifreeze, mercury, oh, yeah, that's something really good for someone with a depressed immune system.

And do they work? Actually an article was read to me yesterday that was in the New York Chronicle, I think it was, latest survey results on effectivenss of flu shots,
    Best Case Scenario, 30 percent effectiveness. Guess what the placebo effectivess rate was, 33%. So you'd be better off getting a shot of Vitamin B in the arm.

Sbilek
  7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

No thanks. I had one just before I when down with this last flare. I'm not going back there.
    Dee50
    EBV-acute, 50, female
  8. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

last year there was a shortage and couldn't get one and did not get sick.

It up to the each person but I try to get one every year, my doctor says it's a good idea for me. The virus is not a living virus so I don't know why your doc says not too.

But each person has a different take on this issue I just know if I get the flu I will be down for days and days.

Before last year been taking the flu shot for I think 5 years and never had a problem.

Laura
  9. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

Hi everyone! I've only missed one flu shot in 25 years. The main reason is because, in addition to fibro, I also have asthma. The second reason is that I have two children (one 18 and the other 49 [DH]) and since they never take the shot, I had to make sure if they got sick someone could take care of them. I also work in a medical environment (emergency department administration) and we are exposed on a daily basis to whatever bugs are brought into the ED. I'll never miss a shot unless I'm sick when they give them (they don't administer if you have cold symptoms). I guess every doctor has their own theory but I've never checked with my PCP or rheumy about shots since they never seem to bother me.

Hugs!
    Pam
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

My doctors (all of them) recommend that I take a flu shot BECAUSE MY SYSTEM IS COMPRIMISED by having heart problems, Lupus, fibro, etc.

My husband is the Public Health Director of our local county health department who give out tons of flu shots to everyone in our county.

He gets lots of info on the flu shots from various agencies like the Center for Disease Control, etc. They recommend the flu shot for those who have chronic illnesses.

I have gotten one every year and have never had a problem.

If you are allergic to any of the components of the shot, you should not take them.

Everyone reacts differently to the flu shots. So, you just have to decide on an individual basis.

Hugs,
    Janet