Flu Vaccination????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tammy21, Mar 22, 2006.

1. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

How do you feel about getting the flu vaccination for the winter if you have FM? In the past before I was DX with FM I never got the jab but now with the winter around the corner where I am do I need to have one?

Take Care
    Tammy
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

3. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I get the flu shot every yr. that I am allowed(shortages omit me out on some yrs.)I have learned that every yr. I do not get my shot,I get the flu.The yrs. I get the shot,I don't get sick.I am not a sickly person,my immune system is pretty good,consisdering.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I used to have asthma so I always got them now I see I get flares right after the flu shot so I maybe will not bother next year. They just did research saying that they now thought that washing the hands was just as good.(effective)

Love Anne C
  5. skierchik

skierchik New Member

If you have an autoimmune disease, like I have, I would say "no" don't get one. And if you like you can look up my influenza protocols for the flu. I posted it about six to eight weeks ago. It works well for me....perhaps it can help you.

skierchik
  6. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

everyone for your imforative replys. I am still not really sure what I will do yet.

Take care Everyone
  7. sept

sept New Member

My dr would have a fit if I did not take the flu shot. Why take the chance....