flu vaccine damage?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by a_lex, Apr 3, 2003.

1. a_lex

a_lex New Member

Has anyone had experience of or is anyone aware of any literature linking onset of symptoms to the flu vaccine?
  2. patchwork

patchwork New Member

whose symptoms seemed to be triggered or worsened by Flu and Hep B vaccinations, so let us know if you do find any research on the links. My C.F.S went from bearable to flat out on a sofa for 6 years following a Flu shot.It affected me 24 hours later and I collapsed at work.......
  3. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I sometimes blame taking the swine flu vaccine in the 80's as a precursor to my illness. They now said this was a "bad batch" and had caused many people to suffer with various syndomes. I stopped taking the flu vaccines for at least 15 years until this past year, I took a child's dose and the pneumonia shot after fighting a battle with walking pneumonia. The pneumonia shot did not bother me, but the baby flu shot made my ribs ache for about 2 weeks. I can say however that I was not ill this past winter. I probably will continue with the 1/2 dose this year ( I have asthma and MVP) but no more than this small dose. Hopefully my body will be better adjusted to the vaccine this time. I have not read where it causes FM or CFS, but who knows?
    Tania
  4. dojomo

dojomo New Member

Thimerosal (mercury) from the Flu vaccines. My hunch is, alot of us are more sensitive to the effects of mercury than others......DJ
  5. Solstice

Solstice New Member

My experience was similar to what patchwork said.
    My CFIDS and FMS were bearable. I was still working. I got the flu shot thinking it would help me make it through the year in better shape. After getting it, I was on the couch for months. I have not been able to work since.

And, in my research I have read that flu shots can bring on the symptoms of CFIDS and FMS. But it is not well known. I only read it one place. I believe it needs to be well known so that others don't make that mistake. I read that once you know you have these DD you should not get the vaccine.

Wishing you well.

[ advertisement ]