Fluid retention Cymbalta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lucysmom2, Mar 29, 2006.

1. lucysmom2

lucysmom2 New Member

I've been on Cymbalta 30mg for about a year. In December my Doc upped my dosage to 60mg and since that time I have noticed a strange phenomenon. I wake up with puffy eyes and puffy bags under my eyes that seem like they are filled with fluid. I did read that in rare cases Cymbalta can cause face edema. Just wondering if anyone else has had this side effect from Cymbalta as my Doc says it isn't the Cymbalta. Of course, when I told him I read that this could be a side effect, he just shook his head "no". You know how doctors hate to think you know more about your own body than they do.
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it didn't do anything for my pain level...i have written about my experiences before...

higer the dosage more the problems for me..

jodie

not on it now
  3. lucysmom2

lucysmom2 New Member

Thanks so much for your response. I have made an appointment with a psychopharmacologist to get the lowdown on this medicine. I know what you mean about feeling tired and blah. I'm hoping this doctor will prescribe something else that doesn't have these weird side effects.
    I also have vivid dreams with this medicine and I'm really sick of them. I wake up with a lot of anxiety & I think it is because of the weird dreams, which I never had before taking the Cymbalta. Good luck to you too and thanks again.
  4. code34me

code34me New Member

I have been on Cymbalta for about a year now started with 30mg then 60 now on 90 mg. I think it has helped with the pain but I have been very sluggish for a long time now and just thought it was due to the FM and CFS. I read this post and it is like a light bulb going on! I am wondering nowif it is the med? I do wake up with swollen face and hands. My ring are stuck in the am but not at night?

The fog has been very thick for a long time now. I am remembering being on another med and it made me feel like the clouds were lifted off of my head and the sky was clear? Got me a thinking now!

Thank for the jaring of my brain I needed it! LOL

Codey