Flulike symptoms suddenly

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalley167, Sep 26, 2005.

1. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

Is the part of FMS/CFS? I also Have Sjogrens. I will be fine one minute than suddenly I feel totally drained and feel as if I have the flu. I have at times even thrown up or had diarrhea.I have to lie down.
    And now I am experiencing severe cramps when I am on my period. It's like I go into a flare every month at that time. But this sudden onset of flulike stuff. It makes me wonder sometimes if there isn't something else wrong. Or is this common??
    [This Message was Edited on 09/26/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/26/2005]
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

It's amazing how quickly it can come on.....like with running and hitting the brick wall.

The diarrhea......that could be IBS from stress. It can also hit you suddenly then disappear.
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

CFS. Try to pace yourself, when you start feeling tired lie down, dont push yourself. Stay in bed as long as you have those symptoms if possible.

Maybe you should talk to your doctor about your period cramps although I know many people with CFS/Fibro have bad cramping at this time of month.

love
    Rosie
  4. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I know that Lyme disease tends to have 28 day cycles and I believe that FM does too. When you know that it's coming, baby yourself a little more and maybe it will not be so bad.
  5. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I am having a terrible day today. I have to work all day and can hardly stand it. I took some Tramadol for pain as I am hurting all over. I wish I could lie down, I feel si tired. Hopefully it will be a slow day as I can't even think straight. Than I have to go to a soccer game for my son. I hate feeling like this. But I needed to know if it was all part of this Diagnoses so I won't worry myself to death thinking I have some else going on too. Thanks for your support and comforting words.