flulike syptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by andrea1459, Apr 4, 2006.

1. andrea1459

andrea1459 New Member

I was wondering what vitamins or herbs help with these symptoms of CFS. They are exaggerated for me right now and I feel like I have the flu, but i know now that it is just the CFS amplified.
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Turmeric the Herb, not the spice. It can put Epstein Barr Virus in remission. If your flu-like symptoms are being caused by EBV or CMV, this may help. It works for me.

You can get it in any health food store for less than $10. Take 1 capsule, 2 or 3 times a day.
  3. andrea1459

andrea1459 New Member

thanks for the info! I wasn't sure what to try.
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

I suffer from flu like symptoms a lot-fevers and chills. etc.

Elliespad is right..I just got two great books in the mail from amazon.

The complete book of Ayurvedic home remedy and Ayurvedic for self-healing by Dr. Vasant Lad.

Elliespad do you follow some of the ayurvedic methods? I am looking into some of these. It seems like there is a lot to learn and I am not quite sure where to get the items. What amount do you take? 500mg?

[This Message was Edited on 04/04/2006]
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

Just checked. The bottle I currently have is from Vitamin World, 400 mg. Some days I take 1, some days 3. I might go a month and take none at all.

I have read a little on Ayurvedic medicine, and believe it may hold a LOT of help for us. About a year or two ago I had started researching some of this and decided to buy some Shilajit/Fulvic Acid. (This nothing related to Folic Acid, the B vitamin.)

If I remember right it is sort of the breakdown of rocks and organic matter over thousands of years. Loaded with minerals and ??? good stuff. I remember I bought one bottle, but don't remember anything about it, good or bad. Maybe I didn't take it long enough and saw no improvement. I know I only bought it the one time. Wish I could remember more.

Anyway, I DO think Ayurvedic has a lot offer us and would like to make that my next area to research (again, but more extensively this time.)
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Chronic infections. That is why the FCC's test and treat aggressively for them. I do not think we can begin healing until we treat any chronic infections. There are herbals and supplements which help with pathogens. Olive Leaf Extract is one of them. Colloidal silver helps too.

Probiotics, colostrum, and undenatured whey help rebuild the immune system. The transfer factors target specific pathogens or, you can take the TF Essentials which is kind of like a souped-up colostrum.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie