flulike without nausea? what is this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnneTheresa, Jul 23, 2006.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Finally and after much experimenting with different meds, my pain is bearable. Thank God. Now though, it seems I'm experiencing a lot of non-pain symptoms. It feels like the other symptoms (feeling like I'm sick with the flu, IBS, etc.) have gotten much worse since the pain has been adequately controlled, though I suppose it could be a matter of my noticing these symptoms more now that the pain is no longer front and centre.

To counteract, the flu-like symptoms, I've been taking an anti-nausea med which does the trick but I still feel unwell. How can I say I feel unwell (like I have the flu) when the pain and nausea are being addressed. I mean what else is there to the flu?

What I'm trying to say is I can't put this sense of feeling unwell into words for my doctor. I see him tomorrow and would like to explain how I feel without being too vague.

I know I haven't given you much to work with but can anyone relate to how I feel and help me put it into words. Any ideas?

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Tell him it feels like a flu that never goes away. If he knows anything at all about CFS/ FM- that should give him a hint in the right direction.

I hope you can find out what's bothering your body.
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you've been hit by a mac truck...sometimes my feet will feel like some has taken a hammer to them and beat them repeatedly...and every little part of me aches..

and now i am on my period..migraine tension heacache..paind i hurt..

on the main page of this site there is a section to the left of what cfs/fms is...and it will give symptoms....

print it out or write out the ones you see to the left...

like i get brain fog...forget in the middle of a conversation while speaking what the heck i was even talking ab out....

i have said my words backwords....

jodie
  4. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

sometimes when i overexert myself i'll feel like that for a few days. just aches and pains all over.

but also, some pain meds make me feel like that. like, vicodin, for one, kicks in a few hours after i take it, and i feel flu-ish and sluggish all day.

-danielle
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

What meds are you taking? For awhile there, when I was trying different antidepressants I felt this way

This went on for about 2 years and was very weird and usually happend at about 5:00 pm

It has passed (knock on wood) and I hope it stays away
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

if you are talking about that achy feeling like when you have the flu or a fever (skin aches, bones ache, etc) then you are experiencing just another fun symptom of FM.

I find this to be the WORST most EXCRUCIATING symptom, but I have good news for you, I hope. I did not consider this to be pain so did not treat it with pain relievers.

Thanks to my friends here who answered my post about this being pain, I finally treated it with pain killer and IT WENT AWAY!!! Hooray!

I was at work and when this hits me there is nothing I can do except crawl in the bed, so getting relief enabled me to finish the work day.

Good luck and God Bless,
    Sonya