Flushed Face and neck anyone ???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by momwinterwhite, Mar 23, 2006.

1. momwinterwhite

momwinterwhite New Member

HELLO I wonted to ask if anyone has this problem.When I
    go outside when I get off work or other times my face gets BLOOD RED and Hot feels like your eyes are going do when you have a cold but everyone ask me have you been in the tanning bed or have you been in the sun. If i had a nickle for everytime I heard that??? seriously my problem seems to
    be getting worse I have had it for as long as I can possiably remember DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS ALSO??
    Thanks momwinterwhite
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it has been medications for me...side effects..jodie
  3. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

I have had a constantly red face for about 2 weeks now, it is also down my neck, I havent changed any meds...it usually gets slightly better during the day and ends up on nose and cheeks...I used to at night get bright red hands and feet...have never gotten to the bottom of it...no dr can give me any clues.
  4. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

It has a multitude of symptoms, many associated with sweating, however one of the symptoms can be facial blushing (without sweating) and can last for extended periods of time.

Do a search on the web for this and see if the facial blushing portion of the condition fits what you have.

Perimenopause (occurs up to 8 years before menopause) can caused flushing as well. I started with that when I was 40.

Good luck!

Eileen

5. pamsue

pamsue New Member

Yes I get flushed from time to time, but not everyday. Seems it is more when I am nervous about something, my cheeks and neck get bright red.

Some people have asked me if it is lupus.

I know it is not lupus, but it is weird, I also get it when I go into a bad flare

hugs
    pamsue
  6. halle00

halle00 New Member

Mine can happen for no reason, out of the blue, my nose cheeks and front of my neck gets blotchy red.

I have had several people ask me about this..... and i have no answer?? I dont know.
    even my DR had no answer for it .

Halle
  7. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Are you of Scandenavian decent?
    I too, have had this all my life.

Meds can do it to me, being too warm, just differnt times.

Karen
  8. jaltair

jaltair New Member

My head will turn very hot and my face will be bright read along with portions of my neck. My scalp and face will sweat profusely.

This will also happen when I'm in the sun, or get overly heated.

Before FMS and CFS, I did have this if I worked in the yard as well.
  9. momwinterwhite

momwinterwhite New Member

Thanks for your replys.I have had this for years and I was
    catorpoulted into menopause in oct 2004 when I had a complete hystroctomy because of painfull polycystic
    ovarian disease. so I dont think its premenopause?
    But at least I am not the only one with this weird
    sympton. LOL Momwinterwhite