Fluttering in abdomen area

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donna275, Jan 12, 2006.

1. donna275

donna275 New Member

Has anyone ever had a lot of fluttering or twitching all around the abdomen? This is not gas. When my anxiety is at its highest, my muscles twitch all over my body, not all at once of course, but throughout the day and night. Well, I now have this fluttery and twitching feeling througout my abdomen area all the way up to my stomach. I don't know if it is the muscles all around or my insides. It is so weird. Has been going on now for about a week and a half.

Any thoughts or input?

Donna
  2. CarolK

CarolK New Member

when I hear about "fluttering" I immediately think of PREGNANCY!

Is it possible that you are pregnant?? I would check that out if I were you... unless you are at a place in life where that is not possible.

If not pg, then it could be twitching nerves or just some gas.

Hope you get it resolved. Blessings, CarolK
  3. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

This is something that started for me after a very bad flare last November. At times when I breathe deep my muscles are spasmatic also. Putting a heating pad on my stomach for awhile can help it calm down. ps....I can't be pregnant.....had it all taken out several years back.
  4. emiltim

emiltim New Member

I've just started getting this feeling a lot too...and no way possible I could be preggers!! That's what it feels like though. Reminds me of when I first felt my babies...sigh...

I was just dx'ed with an ulcer...figured that must be it.

-Julie
  5. midda

midda New Member

Yes, for some time now I will get this feeling down in abdomen area and I explain it people that feels like I am plugged into something it is almost like a humming effect that will last for some time...am trying to see if starts before a flare of IBS? I know I have said maybe pg!!!but can't get that way due to hysterectomy
  6. kirsty28

kirsty28 New Member

it always freaks me out a bit too...very like pregnancy...do you suffer back /pelvic pain?i get it when i have this....
    kirsty
  7. Line

Line New Member

I started with the flutters about a year ago, the first bout lasted 6 weeks and I still get it on and off ever since.I feel like a fish flopping around inside of me, some of the flutters are very intense and I can feel them go up the chest into my throat. I do have IBS and diverticulous so have no idea what it is coming from. My DR. thinks it is "just" the fm, adominal spasms. they drive me crazy. Heat does help some.

I was glad to read your post because I can sure relate.I suffer from anxiety also so who knows what is causing this.

Hugs, Linda