Flying Part 2

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jittle, May 23, 2011.

1. Jittle

Jittle Member

Thank you all for your suggestions.
    We just returned from our much needed vacation!!!!

We flew on Southwest airlines, and they made it very easy for me. I started using a cane not too long ago, and was able to board the plane before regular boarding. I was able to get a front row seat for both flights: This allowed me to stretch out and get up often.
    I did not know when we booked the tickets there seating is first come and you do not have assigned seating, but since we boared early this was not a problem. If anyone needs to fly I highly recommed southwest airlines, and then ask for early boarding for medical needs when you get to the gate.

Of course I over did it on the trip and am paying for it now. My doc increased my pain meds for the month to help with the activity which is helping a little, but I am exhausted. My legs are killing me, I am tired and very dizzy. Yesterday was unpacking day, and today I am forcing myself to stay on the couch. All in all, it was a great trip. My husband "needed" it and with all my medical issues it was finally time to relax and try to live a normal life for a week.

Coming home to the rain and humidity of NJ.... Not sure is dry desert weather was any better for FM, I was still in pain. I did notice my breathing was better, and joints may have been a little better, but with all the walking and activies it is hard to say.

Hope everyone has had a good week. Thanks for listening.