FM and Breast Cancer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sadiemae, Nov 29, 2008.

1. sadiemae

sadiemae New Member

Hi
    I have been a member for a long time usally don't post just read and get information on the FM. I had a mammogram on Mon a biospy right away that day and found out next day I had breast cancer. The FM has really been bad with the stress. Is there anyone else dealing with the FM and cancer. I just had a MRI to see if it spread and Mon go to the Dr who will tell me what happens next. Any information is really helpful.
    Thanks, Rose
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

I am sure that was very distressing news for you. I don't have info for you, but I must tell you my sister had it two years ago, it was caught early and she if fine

Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing
  3. star273

star273 New Member

Hang in there. Sounds like they caught it early. Its nice to know they are being aggresive about it and trying to get things handled.
    I can tell you that when my husband went through cancer, 9 years ago, the best thing that helped my FM was doing a breathing, stretching yoga and also meditation. It helps to much to relax and breath deeply. Believe it or not, it is very healing and helps with the pain of FM. My grandma suffered from FM severly and then with breast cancer. She did fine with the cancer and went on to live another 45 years. She did many healing things for herself. Deep breathing and yoga is a wonderful, healing thing for the body.
    PLease give it a try. There are many VHS tapes and DVD's that are only 1/2 hour long that can lead you through breathing and yoga.
    Anyway, my prayers are certainly with you and hoping that you will have a speedy recovery.
    Hugs :)
    Star*
  4. sadiemae

sadiemae New Member

Thank you for writing, I am hoping too that we got it early. I have been getting my mammograms every year so this is the first it showed. Tomorrow I find out the results, I will let you know what they find.
  5. sadiemae

sadiemae New Member

Thanks for the information, I will try the breathing and the meditation. I have some tapes but never gave it a thought about using them. It was good to hear your grandma did fine with the cancer and FM. I know things will be better if I get control of the stress, tomorrow I will find out what the next steps are than at least I will know what I will need to do. This has not been a good year, in April I fell and smashed my wrist and needed a plate and screws and the hand and arm never got alright. Things have to get better. Thanks also for the prayers I know they help and I really appreciate all I get.
    Rose

6. Kellyslaw

Kellyslaw New Member

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I just wanted to let you know that my Mom is a 2 time survivor of breast cancer. She has FM and has had it for almost 30 years. They didn't call it FM way back when. I also have FM and I am in a bad flair right now. My hopes and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Please know that I am here if you ever want to talk. Big, soft hugs. (((((((Rose))))))). Kelly
  7. star273

star273 New Member

Special Prayers go out to you today! Prayers DO help! Think positive and let us know what the Dr. says.

Hugs.
    Star*
  8. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I find massage and accuputure very relaxing and it very much calms the nerves when you are going though such a tough time in your life. It also will help with the pain. Accuputure has gotten me though some very tough pain cycles and migranes. However, you do need a good accuputure preferable one that practices the Chinese method. The Japanese method did not work as well for me but everyone is different. My thoughts will be with you. Good luck. P.S. I went though cervical cancer and I have been cancer free for along time now.
  9. sadiemae

sadiemae New Member

I had my appointment today with the Dr who will do the surgery. I go on Friday to have the mass and tissue removed, I won't know if they will have to take any lymph nodes until he does the surgery. My treatments will be radiation and chemo. I am trying to be positive but I somehow feel like its a bad dream and I should soon wake up. Thanks again for all your prayers and support.
    Rose
  10. star273

star273 New Member

Our prayers are with you. Just try and stay stress free as much as you can. Try and take time for yourself and relax. (I know its easier said then done.) I know you can overcome this though and I am hoping it will all go fast for you. Just curious, I am doing my own research on the disease, if you dont mind me asking, have you ever used hormone replacement therapy before?
    Many prayers are going out to you.............
  11. tut90

tut90 Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Tut90
  12. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I hope it is contained. I just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you. Take care and good luck on Friday. Bobby
  13. sadiemae

sadiemae New Member

Yes, I was on hormone replacement for 10 years after surgery. But I am hormone negative so I don't think hormones is the cause of it. I also took Evista for five years for my bones which is a hormone that is suppose to help from getting breast cancer, that must be why it didn't work for me. I am coming out of the shock and now know I just have to fight it. Thanks for everyone who has giving me their prayers and support I really appreciate it.
    Rose