FM and CFS can you have both?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mewsley, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Mewsley

Mewsley New Member

Does anyone know if one can have both FM and CFS together since their symptoms are so closely related?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have both and there is a very large overlap of symptoms.

Love, Mikie
  3. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Yes, I have been diagnosed with both. I attribute the cognitive deficits and complete exhaustion to CFS. The pain, and other similar symptoms to FMS. There are differing thoughts on this in the medical community. Some clearly distinquish between the two syndromes, giving separate diagnosis for each, while others think they are one and the same (just differing subsets) and part of the same disorder.
    Best wishes LL
  4. pearls

pearls New Member

You can also have other things with either one of them. In fact, your chances are probably greater of having other conditions at the same time as not having them, since one thing sort of leads to another. Some examples of this are fibromyalgia with chronic myofascial pain, fibromyalgia with carpal tunnel syndrome, and fibromyalgia with Sjögren's Syndrome. Hate to bring bad news.

-Pearl
  5. nct

nct New Member

80%?
    That's an amazing theory. But I'd be in the other 20% then, as I really don't have any pain that could be ascribed to FM.

But still, that's quite a number.

Nancy