FM AND EAR PAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunshine5050, Sep 1, 2005.

1. sunshine5050

sunshine5050 New Member

DOES FM AFFECT YOUR EARS? I HAVE EAR PAIN OFF AND ON. IT ISN"T LIKE AN EARACHE THAT YOU GET FROM EAR INFECTION .I REALLY DON"T KNOW ALL THE SYMPTONS OF FM. I AM NEW TO ALL THIS. IT MAY HAVE BEEN COMING ON FOR YEARS .JUST DIDN"T KNOW WHAT IT WAS.
    MY PRAYER GOES OUT TO ALL OF YOU AND ALSO TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE SOUTH.

SUNSHINE
  2. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

hey sunshine
    i'm not sure if ear pain has anything to do with fibro. or not but i do have ear pain and ringing etc... but i also have meneirs disease. sorry i was not much help but now you are bumped to the top again. so hopefully someone will read it and have some idea.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/01/2005]
  3. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

I have ear pain quite often along with deafening and alot of ringing. This has been years of this chronic problem. Theres damage to left ear nerve (no one kows why) but actually what is causing it is TMJ. I clentch my teeth ALOT esp during sleep and the swelling from that in the jaw the ENT said is causing all the troubles. This causes tension and swelling and pressure on facial nerves which in retrn causes the ear problems.
    Check out to see if this may be going on with you. Talk to a dentist but most importantly, go see an ENT. One that knows what he / she is doing. Believe me, youll kow right away if you have it just by where the ENT touches your jaw.
    Good luck!
    -Diane
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2005]
  4. 123sandra

123sandra New Member

It does!! Found that out two months ago. Thought I'd an ear infection, nothing there, FMS was the culprit!!! Was the first time it had happened and I too thought it was earache.
    You will be amazed at the different things it causes. I know I was once diagnosed.
    LOL Sandra
  5. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

MY flareups have the deafening stuffed feeling like when your in an airplane. I have trouble hearing paying attention because it is so annoying. I also have trouble talking but I don't think anyone notices. I have had many tests to check my ears. They found slight hearing loss otherwise normal. They found dizzieness. But they have no clue to what causes any of it. It comes and goes and when it comes it stays for ever like a few weeks. I hate it. I have it right now. I feel a sequence to my flareups. Sore acheness, tiredness, sorethroat,earproblem, U.T.I. Forgetfulness,fog and it is never ending if it isn't one thing its another or a couple.

Have a good day!
  6. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

I get sharp pains in my ears and also get ringing in my ears, especially when my flare up is bad.

hugs
    brit
  7. sunshine5050

sunshine5050 New Member

Hi Brit,
    Thanks for your response. Do you have lightheadedness to dizziness with your ear pain?
    sunshine5050
  8. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

In response to your last Post, I too get VERY dizzy and lightheaded as well. My balance is often affected too. ENT still thinks alot of this has to do with the TMJ.
    Hope thast helpful.
    I did notice that since my surgery in June, I have had some trouble with low blood pressure which ahs been making me lightheaded and dizzy. How is your Blood Pressure?