FM and funky moods

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by liwizard, Feb 8, 2007.

1. liwizard

liwizard New Member

Hi all i am a 52 year old male who found out he had FM at 48. i knew i had something a long time before that. one thing i want to ask does fm affect your mood. i am in a funky mood because i am one of those who grow fibro type growths on the outside of my body. tomorrow i am having one cut off from behind my left knee. i have had 10 taken off in the last 20 years. while they are not dangerous they are annoying. input helpful.

THANKS
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

Hi Liwizard!

I don't believe FM affects my mood (but I've suffered from depression all my life so who am I to say!). Anyhow, I've never heard of fibro-type growths...what are they?

TerryS
  3. liwizard

liwizard New Member

the are smooth hard lumps. mostly women get them in their breast and utrus (forgive misspellings) on some people the do come out on the skin. i guess i am one of the lucky ones.
  4. GRMonLI

GRMonLI New Member

Hello

I am George, and I am a fellow male Long Islander who also suffers from FMS.

Suffolk County here and you?
  5. Ebbtide

Ebbtide New Member

Liwizard

Hi

I think mood swings can and do happen (At least my wife tells me thatI have mood swings!!!).
    Not sure if its the FMS or its caused by the medication, or perhaps it caused from the stress of just having the illness.

As for your fibro type growths. There nothing to do with FMS are they?, its not something I have heard of before.

Good Luck and I hope things go well for you.
  6. liwizard

liwizard New Member

copy and paste from Devin's Diagnostic:Tissue overgrowth (fibroids, ingrown hairs, heavy and splitting