FM and gastric bypass surgery?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cozy-cottage, Jul 28, 2003.

1. cozy-cottage

cozy-cottage New Member

Hi,
    Looking for anyone out there who has FM and has also had a gastric bypass surgery. I am hoping to have my open RNY surgery this fall and am not sure how I will be ablr to take all my supplements for FM afterward. Also did the surgery affect your FM?
    Anne
  2. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

Glad you found us, this is an awesome site to research, support and be supported. Be sure to go to the top on the right side of the top of the page and read "NEW to the board" and the "Rules". Will give you lots of tips on how to navigate and stuff. Also if you go to the top of the page and put in the search box the words "gastric bypass surgery" it will bring up past posts on the subject. I know there was a thread or two about it not long ago. I do this each time I have a question before I post so then I sometimes don't have to post. Other times I take the info that was shared before and then post my questions more precisely to what info I still need about the subject. We also have a great library here to use. Again welcome!
    love and peace, Rebel
  3. cozy-cottage

cozy-cottage New Member

I just found the threads on gastric bypass
    Thanks
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I think you join the board last year? I seem to remember welcoming you, yea, my memory surprises even me sometimes.

Can't help with your question, but why not ask the doctor or your pharmacist? They should be able to help you.

Welcome back,
    Shalom,Shirl
  5. azcactuslil

azcactuslil New Member

I am in the same situation and am hoping for more mobility to help with fibro. Still waiting on approval from my insurance.

Cactus