FM and headaches?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I've been having a lot of headaches lately. Sometimes to the point of migraine, and other times it feels like someone is yanking on a big clump of my hair--sometimes a combo of both.

I do take a small dose of high blood pressure meds, and have thought maybe that needs to be increased, but I'm not having high blood pressure readings.

Any ideas?

I do have a drs. appt on May 5th.
  2. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I have been having these headaches for a while. The kind you describe but mine also hurts in ear and jaw. They think mine may be linked to TMJ as well FMS. I do not know what to do but they have told me to use warm heat. I had to go the er for it. I am still hurting terribly and this is the fifth day. I have all the empathy in the world for you, It hurts. I know we have to get better. God bless and I am sorry you are in that kind of pain,((** Possibly could just be fibro** ))
    Keeping the "Faith".
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

thanks for your reply. Sending hugs for your aching head.
  4. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Have been a way of life for me for over 20 yrs long before I was diagnosed with FM.

We are all different so I hope that you are able to find something that helps your
    headaches go away.

Today I have severe pain in the outside of my right ear and jaw........not fun.

I worked in my flower garden for a short amount of time thuresday evening and I'm still
    paying for that with the FM pain.

Just wanted to tell you I know how you feel.

Hope your feeling better ,
    gentle hugs, Susan
  5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Oh my Gosh, I've had the worst headaches of my life recently. I used to get what I called the "period headache" and some tension headaches, never had a migraine. My Dr. even a while ago gave me some migraine med - told me to take it, if it's a migraine it will get rid of it, if it's not it won't. It didn't.

About two weeks ago I literally thought something in my brain was going to burst. I had almost a 48 hr nonstop killer headache. My Doctor sent me for a CT scan - everything was fine. She did give me a shot of demerol that finally broke my headache about 12 hrs later.

They are horrible. Unless you've had one, you can't imagine the pain of that kind of headache.

I even take Topamax - which is given to people who get headaches. Apparently doesn't work for me that way!

I feel for you - for all of you who suffer from headaches!!