fm and hormones

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by canton2235, Jul 10, 2008.

1. canton2235

canton2235 New Member

HI I AM A NEW FM CUSTOMER. I WAS TOLD ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO THAT THE PAIN AND PROBLEMS THAT I WAS HAVING WAS FM BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING ELSE TO CALL IT. MY QUESTION IS DOES FM BRING ON HORMONAL CHANGES. AND WHAT ELSE CAN I EXSPECT FROM THIS POINT ON. IM NOT TAKING A MEDS AT THIS TIME. I DO NOT HANDLE MEDS THAT WELL AND IM AFFAID TO TRY ANY, SO AT THIS TIME I JUST LIVE WITH THE PAIN. HOWEVER MY HEADACHES ARE GETTING WORSE.
  2. FMseeker

FMseeker New Member

Hello canton2235, new customer to FM. I've been seeking the "cure" for FM for 4-5 years. The best I've found to help me is when I had my hormone analysis done with ZRT Labs. My primary care physician (PCP) suggested I get hormones looked at with the saliva test. Based on the test results, my doctor wrote a prescription. A local compounding pharmacist was able to fill the prescription. For more information, look up bioidentical hormones. I started going through menopause at 36-37 years old. That was 15 years ago. I did the regular prempro/HRT for 12 years and finally quit when I became more and more ill and just figured something wasn't working for me, but was clueless of what it was. Other than that, Cymbalta and I are probably friends for life. Get into a support group where others can share their many years of the quest for what works in treating this illness.