FM and Menopause

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by honkers, Sep 26, 2005.

1. honkers

honkers New Member

Does anyone out there think that their FM came around the time that their periods started going up the wall?!? I have neuropathic problems, FM problems etc. but feel sure that this all started (4 years ago) when periods started getting further and further apart. I have had a hormone profile done and am not menopausal but probably perimenopausal. Maybe I'm clutching at straws here but any port in a storm! The drs. say that as my body is stressed coping with the FM that this would cause periods to be erratic but I think the menstrual problems started first! Any input would be welcome. Thanks Pauline x
    [This Message was Edited on 09/27/2005]
  2. Summerbreeze

Summerbreeze Member

I am also wondering about the connection to hormones as I am right smack in the "eye" of the "menopausal storm".

My illness began 14 years ago while I was in the peri-menopausal stage. I am better now that menopause is moving right along. An awful lot of my current problems can conceivably be caused by hormonal imbalances. I am NOT doing menopause well!

I have an appt next month to check my hormone levels with a new doc that specializes in bio-identical hormone therapy. I am excited to have this appt and am very curious as to how things will stack up (hormonally-speaking). I believe there could be a connection for many of us.

Love, Summerbreeze