FM and my skin feels like it's picking or being bitten

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janieb, Aug 12, 2006.

1. janieb

janieb New Member

It's almost constant, but there are no bite marks. We've examined the family pet and there are no fleas. We've just put down new floors and carpeting throughout the house and no one is feeling this.

Have wanted to ask for a long time if anyone else has this. Tried benedril yesterday but it didn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

Anyone else have this?

janieb
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    Is this something new? Sounds like an allergy to me. Like maybe allergic to something pulled up out of the carpet? If you don't feel better soon go to the doctor. Sounds uncomfortable!

I bet you are glad to have the new floor though!

Take Care!
    Kellyann
  3. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I feel like that right at this moment....like little insects are biting me but no marks and no insects. Itchy too.
    I had read that paresthesia (sp?) is a problem that can cause this feeling. It is related to neurological system.

Good luck
  4. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I've been feeling like that for a week or so and wondered if it was my medication or what?

I even went back to my old shampoo and lotion, etc, thinking it was an allergy but it has made no difference.

It's irksome!!

Sue
  5. ulala

ulala New Member

disease.

Tomorrow the Discovery Health Channel is airing a segment called "The Stabbing Sensation." The story of a girl with Lyme disease.

Do a google search "lyme"stabbing and you can read about people who have Lyme describing stabbing pains.
  6. jenemc

jenemc New Member

i also feel like that. i thought it was from my husbanddue to his rash and the way he breaks out..they say it is agent orange on him, but from what iunderstand it isn't contagious. when he gets hot and sweaty he breaks our into rash, but they are ichy and then turn into sores.

they sent him some medicine from the va..i have found for me if i use sarna it helps me. its camphor and menthol..it burns sorta at first then cools adn stops the ich..i got mine at wal mart.

maybe you can try that. i go to the dr thursday about mine, will let you know what he says.

jennie
  7. janieb

janieb New Member

Seems to me there are an awful lot of us here who have similar problems, and we all attributed it to other things. Right now I'm fighting a pancreas problem and probably on my way to Mayo, but at some time in the near future, I, too, an going to see the doctor and if necessary, the dermatologist.

I look forward to sharing information with all of you.

janieb

[ advertisement ]