fm and olive leaf extract

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nuri44, Sep 12, 2005.

1. nuri44

nuri44 New Member

Has anybody try olive leaf extract for fm or know something
    about it?.Ive heard of very promesing results but I do not
    know how it works or where to get more info.
    I ready to try about anything.
    regards Nuria.
  2. cobie

cobie New Member

Hi Nuria, Olive leaf is used for inhibition and prevention of various pathological microbes, viruses,bacteria,retroviruses,fungi,parasites yeasts and moulds. Relief of inflammatory arthritis. I have tried it several times only to cause a crash(I have cfs). That doesnt mean it wont help you. Look on the net thru google. Good luck cobie
  3. jess

jess New Member

Hi, I have cfs and fibro. I am taking d-lenolate (olive leaf extract and I am feeling better.I started with one a day for a week then added one for the next week. I had to go back to one again because of herxing. However, I stuck with it and can now take 6 a day. I take it for ebv that is active. I think it is really working.It also cleared up uti I had. Good luck. Jess
  4. kbak

kbak Member

I have CFS/fibro. I only use olive leaf if I feel a cold or flu coming on. It really works extremely well for those. I can't use it on a regular basis because it causes me to herx. I'll tolerate the herx to avoid a bad cold or flu. It's a powerful amazing herb. Wouldn't be without it. Never got the flu last yr. when everyone had it.
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I take it for immune enhancing abilities, it also acts indirectly as an antifungal, it apparently stops yeast from being able to adhere to tissues and entrench. It seems to be quite strongly antibacterial and possibly antiviral for me too.

I can't get past one a day, or the herx is too strong. The herx lasts less than 2 hrs, but was quite painful initially. I have a move coming so I gave it a rest. I could only take it for about 5 consecutive days then would give it a day or 2 break to get my energy back up. It was definitely working. Glad I only ordered the 100 mg, but I ordered from Prohealth and their supplements are very fresh and potent.

Some people breeze right through using it, I'm guessing because their viral/bacterial load is lower. It's a strong anitoxidant too, so some get those benefits w/out the herx.

jeanne
  6. DoveL

DoveL Member

Hello there nuri44, I have used olive leaf extract with really good results. I also use d-LENOLATE, by East Park Research, but I order it from Life Extentions. When I feel a sinus infection coming on, I take it, (whatever the instructions say on the bottle), and it always gets rid of it. After numerous rounds of anti-biotics that did not work for me, I tried the d-LENOLATE, and always makes the infection (or whatever is brewing with my sinus') go away (knock on wood.). So yes, this product has helped me. And believe me, I have tried TONS of products. Everyone's body is different, so what works for one, may not work for another. Good luck. DoveL.
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member