FM and Pagets disease

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by footballmom, Aug 28, 2008.

1. footballmom

footballmom New Member

Does anyone have or know someone who has FMS and Pagets. Here's the reason for my question. I've had a boney growth on my skull actually smack dab in the middle of my forehead. It's very noticable and the size is increasing. I have know idea when I got it, it was just there one day, which seams really silly becasue I put makeup on every day and never noticed it. My hairdresser mentioned it the last time I was there. I said something to my primary doctor about it back in February and he just blew it of as nothing to worry about. I did not have an injury and it's not painful. I googled my symptoms and Pagets came up. It would explain some of my other symptoms like severe headaches, blurry vision etc that I always blame on my fibro. I'm not sure if I should say something to my rhemy about it or go back to my primary doctor, I hate going to the doctor to tell me there's nothing wromg with me except that I have a darn horn growing out of my forehead.

2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

At one time, I was thought to have Pagets. One of my liver enzymes was up, somehow they determined it was from my bones and did a bone scan. Everything was negative and the liver enzyme eventually went down.

I would talk to your doctor about this, especially if it is geting bigger.

Unfortunately, Dr. Google is not always correct and that is why you should talk to your doctor about this. Probably your PCP.

Did your doctor say what he thought the growth is?

Good luck.

3. footballmom

footballmom New Member

Mine were elevated also but after a few months they retested me and they were normal. I did ask my primary doctor and he didn't say what it was jut not to worry about it. The thing is that it's very noticeable and I was wondering if a plastic surgeon would be able to remove it. I'm not a vain kind of person but it is becoming very unattractive.

I realize Pagets is an unusual diagnosis but because of other problems that I've had like bone spurs in my shoulders and on my spine as well as my feet It woudl explain the unusual bone growths. I also have sever arthritis in my knees.

Maybe I was a unicorn in a previous life :)