FM and Vitamin D deficiency

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by k2626, Jul 7, 2008.

1. k2626

k2626 New Member

Hi guys. As some of you may know, I have had really bad bone pain (deep spine pains, ankles, shins) that hit me daily..sometimes for an hour plus, other times less than a minute. Also, my joints have been popping ever since the pain hit. I was tested for many things and my labs came back with low Vitamin D. My level was at 28 which is not super low...but my Dr said we should be at 40 and other sources read 33. This could be the cause of my pain, however, I am going to a Rhem tomorrow for further testing.

Has anyone else hear had their D level tested? If not, I highly recommend it. Low D can apparently cause bone pain and extreme fatigue.
  2. optimiss

optimiss New Member

I am Vit. D deficient as well. I tested low several yrs. ago and have supplemented ever since. I haven't had it re-checked recently but it would be good to know if the supplementing has helped! Thanks for sharing that K!
  3. k2626

k2626 New Member

Did you have any bone pain and joint popping with yours? I am anxious to go to the Rhem tomorrow....hoping my pain really is D and not something VERY serious. Only 33 but feel I am 93
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

Sometimes i think we look to far into things, the bone pain and popping joints I have had too and is somewhat common, i think its just one of those strange symptoms you get from cfs/fibro. By almeans look into other causes. I am taking norflex which is a muscle relaxer and is helping alot, have used lyrica which worked but is pricey and puts the weight on, norflex doesnt seem to have any side effects. I also use to get that grating feeling in the joints almost like sand in the joint type feeling, my doc said this was oxidation so i took high doses of antioxidants and it has helped alot with this. Have used vit d and my levels were low normal, but didnt find it helped. I find symptoms worsen with bad sleep so if feeling really sore its time for a couple of nights with some type of sleeping pill, i use doxepin or imovane. Good luck with it all, hope it settles down for you.
    ps, a hot bath always helped too
  5. k2626

k2626 New Member

Would Osteo show up in labs such as RA? I have no inflammation according to my labs. Did/do your symptoms sound like mine? I have SUCH deep bone pain and the cracking of my joints started with the bone pain. It all seemed to hit at once?

I was on Aciphex for a yr, guess it can cause bone loss....

6. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Does anyone get this in the neck area.... or all over?
    since my accident, its more in my neck area.. but I have been having it where when I do my exercises.. it feels like its in my shoulder blade area too.. when I lift and try to move it.. it doesnt always hurt.. just a bit uncomfortable..but I can feel it and hear it..