FM/anxiety/depression: has ne1 isolated themselves?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shvester, Aug 28, 2006.

1. shvester

shvester New Member

I feel like my family and friends don't understand me and also feel too young to have all of these problems(21).It's embarrassing too since I used to be "normal." I'm in so much pain and feel so down that I don't WANT to be with people. Any suggestions?
    shvester
  2. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

I have not associated much with my original family in about eight years. I have had anxiety and depression for 15 years, now Fibro. I still don't want much to do with my family, I prefer strangers, because they don't know your business. My family didn't understand my anxiety, so there is no way they would understand my Fibro. So, I don't even bother with them. I stay home a lot, driving is very hard. However, I do go to the library, you may try to join a class, I have tried a couple. Some kind of craft or something, just to get out with no obligations.

Good Luck!! SB
  3. sandyblue

sandyblue New Member

Dear Shvester,
    My heart goes out to you for you problems. At one point in my life, just a few years ago, I allowed my multiple illnesses and a reaction to a medication I was on make me become "Aghoraphobic".

I couldn't leave my house unless it was between midnight and 4 am in the morning to get groceries, pick up prescriptions or just plain drop off the mail. I couldn't answer my door if the person at it was a stranger and had become what I guess you would call a "recluse". I was so reclusive I didn't want to go to any special occations that others love, birthdays, holidays, family reunions or just getting out and singing kareokee (which is my favorite thing to do).

It took me the last 3 years to get to the point of getting out again...In the sunshine! It is a slow and long process to get through, but it can be done with persiveirance. I still have my bad days that I can't leave the house because I have a bad migraine or cant walk well and when that happens, I now look forward to the good days when I can and reflect back upon those days for reasurance.

Depression can be one of our greatest side effects with our illnesses. For those of us alone with out family or a bunch of friends we have to become our own "best friend" and think of ways to help ourselves and I am on her to make on point, YOU CAN DO IT! I promise you that. You'll be in my prayers.
    sandyblue
  4. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

I am sorry to hear about how you are feeling, however, I can relate to what you are going through. It has been about 4 years now and I have lost everyone myself. I remember the day I called my sister and told her about my DX with Depression and DDD. She didn't want to her about it and changed the subject, I felt so alone. I just want you to know that your not alone.

I have recently been Dx'd with FM. I have been put in anti-dressants, muscle relaxers for FM and talk to a counslor because I still feel like I am alone (you will have plenty of ups and down days,All normal people do). I have to take one day at a time. I keep thinking to myself God only gives me what I can deal with and he has dealt me this hand for a reason. Just take a deep breath and remember God loves you, and he cares. Prayer is a good medicine too! I really hope these words of encouragement help. I 'll be praying for you!

God Bless You!

Noahvale
  5. Amy143

Amy143 New Member

My name is Amy. I came down with the illness and serious depression out of the blue in 1996 I was only 22... and yes it has been hard....I have isolated myself alot in the past couple years, since any stress makes me jump out of my skin... there are good days and bad. I live in a littl cottage on a lake in a neighbohood away from most of the noise anyway- very isolating, which at times I cannot stand, so I will go somewhere and be wiped out and then come home and nap... The issue for me is work... I cannot work right now and am barely getting by with what I have.... Not sure what to do, but i trust God will make the next move for me, since I have been ill for so long and he has taken care of me all this time....

:) Take Care~