FM Anyone's pain level close to 0 on narcotic?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vannafeelbettr, Sep 19, 2008.

1. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

I take 5mg of percocet 1-2 times daily and my level of pain goes to practically zero and i have a great peak in energy, better mood (even on my worst days). I can pretty much function like I never even have a problem. I do get side effects from med... like nausea and "weird -headed". I've been on 5mg for well over a year and never had the need to increase potency. Anyone else receive that much relief from such a small amount of narcotic?
  2. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

I am so happy you get such good relief from such a low does. This is great. you are very Blessed , and I hope that it stays this way for you .
    I wish I could say the same thing.. I am taking 5-6 7.5/325 Perc in one day .. 4 on good days .. I have maybe 1 good day a week...I have been in such a flare for the last two to threee months . I have only known that I have FM for 7 months or so, so I am still trying to figure this out.. I think I have CFS also and am currently checking into this with my Doc.
    I do streches a few times a day , eat healthy , lots of veg'es fruit and such , tuna. Its a struggle this DD
    I try not to take so many , and will be in tears seems every day , I still try to do to much and work full time .

my Mom takes a low does and it does just fine for her, Kinda.. she tried a bigger dose and it really had a bad affect on her , Bless her heart . she takes vicodine

you sound like you are doing real good . so whatever you are doing seems to work for you , keep it up !

My best wihses for you , huggles
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I wouldn't say that I am on a low dose. I take 20mg of Oxycontin twice a day and Vicodin 7.5 for breakthrough pain. This does not bring my pain to 0 but maybe to a 5 or 6 which makes me functional. It keeps me stable too so I don't have the ups and downs of good and bad days as often...most days are pretty similar. Except for flares of course.