FM/Arthritis Seminar at my library.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Oct 29, 2009.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

A week from today there is going to be a talk at my local library presented by a rheumatologist and a physical therapist on arthritis and FM. It's a half day session

I am hoping the talk is given by a rheumatologist who is well know here in town for her expertise on FM who I would love to go with, but unfortunately is not in my preferred network.

I am hoping there will be enough people with FM who will be there as we do not have a support group here.

I am going to go with some questions, perhaps some studies but could really use some feedback on what topics might be appropriate. I don't want to overwhelm this person or take over the talk so I am prioritizing what I plan to ask.

I could use any feedback on topics. I do plan on asking about the FM population with the XMRV in the WIP study. I am hoping they will not say anything about CBT other than it can help you accept a condition but not just FM!!

Thanks in advance.

gap
    [This Message was Edited on 10/31/2009]
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

Keep us posted next week of the outcome of FM/Arthritis Presentation.

Live Life Well
    Butterflydream
  3. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Gapsych!

My Rheumy believes that CFS is the same thing as FM. She thinks CFS changes over time into FM. She truly understands the exhaustion/pain that comes with it, so I never push her on explaining why she believes that.

I would like to know if this Rhuemy believes they are two separate conditions or the same.

Thanks for giving us a chance to suggest things.

Wendysj