FM Awareness Day May 12. We need the atttention PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowee, Apr 22, 2006.

1. meowee

meowee New Member

Fibromyalgia Awareness Day is right around the corner and this year’s theme “But You Don’t Look Sick! The Invisible Pain of Fibromyalgia” is something that everyone in the fibromyalgia community can relate to!

http://fmaware.org/may12.htm

What I have am doing is emailing all my local tv station's newsrooms and local newspapers to remind them of May 12 and see if they could do a story or atleast MENTION it is FM awareness day. We need to get the message out as much as we can.

I also emailed Google and asked if they could put that in their header someway on May 12. They do cute little things for special days like today, Earth Day.

Also, I am proud to say that I read that Citrucel is a first-time sponsor of Awareness Day. I think that's wonderful companies are getting involved.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Good Health to all.
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

You have some good ideas thanks for sharing.:)

Claudia
  3. meowee

meowee New Member

I went here on google to sumbit my request.

http://www.google.com/support/bin/request.py

I hope this link works for you.

Good Luck.
  4. srh

srh New Member

I did the same thing and emailed the locals about a week ago. Never got any acknowledgement, but hope they help.
  5. srh

srh New Member

Yahoo also has an email below. http://brand.yahoo.com/forgood/contact/index.html
  6. srh

srh New Member

We could email all the internet providers.

Google,Yahoo,Walmart Connect(WalMartGeneral@wmconnect.com) Netscape, MSN, People Pc, Netzero.

I'm sure there are more that I'm not listing. Just a thought.

7. meowee

meowee New Member

and I have emailed all papers and newstations I can think of in my viewing area which encompasses 3 states. I have told every and anyone I can think of in the health field. Lets hope we do a bit of good.

BLess you all.
  8. meowee

meowee New Member

Emailed all I can think of to report on this,even CBS news. I am curious to see if anyone will help. I commend Citrucel for their support for us.

Bless you all with good health
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

good post.
    love anne c
  10. meowee

meowee New Member

USA Today I emailed also.
  11. carebelle

carebelle New Member

do any of you know capt hastings has his own web site he put together alot of information.he use to get on these boards but ive been gone for about a year so I dont know if he still gets on .his web is worth looking at
  12. patches25

patches25 New Member

13. meowee

meowee New Member

14. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

meowee,went looking for you post about this and after page four decided to do a seach and am so glad to have found it. I just want to say that first, this post should stay on page one till after the 12th but that is just my opinion.

The other day when I read this post I also copied a letter that you could send to you public officials and coneverted it just a little and emailed it to the local paper, the des moines paper (big city) and the 3 tv stations. I just got a call from our local paper asking for my address so looks like they will be printing my letter. It is going on the letter to the editor page or at least i think it is but still better then nothing. Just had to let someone know. lol.

I'm actually kinda proud of myself. Since this DD started I have found a part of me that has actually grown stronger and that is my voice. I want everyone to know that FM is not in our heads and is a very real and painfull thing to have. I would have never taken a stand about something before but this affects my life and my kids life and if even half the people that read the local paper here starts to believe that FM is real well then I think it's a good thing....SueF

[This Message was Edited on 05/05/2006]
  15. meowee

meowee New Member

Thank you, Sue, for your response. Also, great job getting your paper to respond. I agree and relate to everything you said. Thank you for getting the word out. I am trying my best, too.

Good luck always..
  16. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Needs to page one
  17. meowee

meowee New Member

I hope we get a lot of much needed publicity.

Good luck to all.
  18. pezhoarder

pezhoarder New Member

hello! today i posted a similiar message. it's titled "awesome awareness news" my local tv station is interviewing me and doing a story that will air on the 12th. i feel like i've accomplished something good.
    -sarah
  19. meowee

meowee New Member

That is GREAT. Let us know how it goes.

God bless
    [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2006]