Fm caused by physical or emotional injury??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emereth, Apr 8, 2006.

1. emereth

emereth New Member

Hi everyone!

I've been reading up on FM and CFS alot since I made my first post. I still don't know if I have FM, but as I said before my mom does and I'm going soon to her DR.

My question now is I've read that it can be brought on by something like a physical or emotional injury. Whether yourself were in a car accident or the loss of a loved one.

I've had sore achey legs all my life. When I was a child my mom said it was growing pains then thought it was arthritis. I've had aches and pains throughout my body for a while now, but can't help but wonder if the reason why I'm more sore and tired is because of a car accident my father had.

About 1 1/2 years ago I was working one day and my father had a job working construction about 1 mile up the road from me. We usually got done around the same time. Well one day I was headed to daycare to pick up my 3 children when I came onto his accident. He was traveling on the interstate about 75mph when he had a seizure. He's epileptic. He was partially ejected from his truck. I got to the site just seconds after they got him out. He spent 6 days at our local hospital and then finally transferred to a better hospital about 1 hour away. He had alot of injuries. He spent a total of 6 weeks in the hospital.

This was very stressful for me not only did I have a father in the hospital (not knowing if he was going to make it or not) I had an 8 hour day job and 3 kids to take care of and also my grandmother(his mother) which they live together. She couldn't be left alone.

I ended up losing alot of weight and eventually, 2 days before he was to come home from the hospital, I had and anxiety attack that brought on a hyperventilation attack. My oldest daughter who was 8 1/2 at the time had to call my sister-in-law to come and pick us up at the hairdresser to bring me to the hospital.

After alot of Dr. visits and 2 Dr.s to see what was wrong with me I was told I had post traumatic stress disorder and was put on clonazepam. That has helped with the anxiety but I have the aches and pains.

Sorry this is a long post...just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience.
    Thank you!
  2. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I am getting ready to go to bed, but I wanted to put my view in on this.

I truly believe that both Physical Injury and Emotional Stress did bring on my CFS.

If you read my bio., you can see all I have been thru.

I have more problems than when I orignally posted the bio., so STRESS is eating at me bad right now!!

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  3. cerise

cerise New Member

I was dx with PTSD in 1991. Prior to that CFS/ME in 1987. In 1990 I was in a car accident (whiplash) and again in 1993. I have since been dx with Post-Traumatic Fibromyalgia as result of the injuries sustained in those accidents.

4. JuliannaG

JuliannaG New Member

that both have an effect on the onset of FM.

Just my personal opinion, after reading a lot of experiences!!!