FM, CFIDS, or BOTH: Useful in Titles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by findmind, Sep 2, 2006.

1. findmind

findmind New Member

As I was trying to reply to some posts, I had a thought (unusual, for me, LOL).

When anyone posts, if we could use FM, or CFIDS, or BOTH in the title, it would be easier to look into specific ones we may have questions about, or are looking for answers.

EXamples:

FM (A mostly pain related disorder): Post like this: FM: how stop a flare?, etc.

CFIDS (Mostly immune dysfunction): Post like this: CFIDS: how help strep throat?

FM and CFIDS (Ones who have both) Post like this: FMCFIDS: can't sleep and terrible pain

and so on...

It wouldn't make any difference how many syptoms we share, or can be given to either illness.

It would only help others zoom in on the topics they share with the poster more easily, so they can give/get help or information.

Of course, the OT (Off Topic) items could still be just like that, and we'll ALL probably sneak a peek, at least, LOL.

Does anyone have any input on this?

thanks,
    findmind
    [This Message was Edited on 09/03/2006]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

An excellent idea, Find. I will try to remember.
  3. petesdragon

petesdragon New Member

CFIDS seems more accurate because it covers immune deficency too and people who don't understand chronic fatique they do understand immune deficency I have CFIDS and FM.
  4. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Great idea. I have CFS/FM but the FM diagnosis came 1 year later. I think it would help so much.

I spend my energy reading post on how exercise will cure me and to me it will nearly kill me (literally). I am exercise intolerant. Stretches and short walks for me is my exercise. I then feel that I have to respond to clarify that this does not work for most CFS patients.

Those with FM only do not understand how hard it is for some of us to stand for 5 minutes.

I do not know how to implement this. I guess we could start my doing this on our threads and others may start doing the same. There are so many new people on the board, it's hard to keep everyone informed.

Also I was on the board for months and did not know what OT meant when I saw it on a thread. I wish there was a permanent thread that would stay at the beginning of the board that would explain abbreviation, board etiquette, what and how to bump,how to do a search, etc. I have been trying to keep a couple of threads bumped that explained some of these things but that is getting old and I can't always keep it on the first page.

But yes...good idea.
  5. findmind

findmind New Member

Thanks for your thoughtful replies. I don't post messages very often, but will start using this when I remember!LOL

The board seems so general right now, and I feel sort of lost, wondering which ones I want to answer without looking at them all.

However, as with my "ants" topic, making the title show your subject gets just the people who want to take the time to go into that subject, which helps.

It's so hard to introduce and implement something new, so if I forget, please remind me so I get into the practice of it!

Thanks so much, all

findmind
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

For others to see/contemplate....

BUMP, plz

findmind
  7. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I agree, they tend to cross over so much, my mom was diagnosed with FM ages ago, but she appear to have more of CFS and TMj's than FM. I am not sure where I stand myself.

[ advertisement ]