FM/CFIS makes having colds seem like torcher....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Quequay, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Quequay

Quequay New Member

"torcher"??? My spelling has gone to the pits. So has my grammer. I used to be so diligent in my writings but know it seems like I write like a 5 year old. Well I am sick....sore throat, fever, coughing. It was all thanks to my in-laws. We went to a dinner at my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law and children came. My neice and nephew both were sick and of coarse they wanted to play with me. I don't know why but kids and pets just flock to me...I never thought I was that much fun but I guess I am. Being the nice aunt that I am I played with them a bit hoping that I would be spared from the horrors of an upper respitory cold. I should have know better, I get sick just going to the pharmacy for my meds. I usually call ahead for my meds so I am in and out fast. I used to never get sick, maybe once a year but since FM/CFIDS/MPS/TMJ(and whatever else is lurking in my body), I get sick whenever I am out in public. My body isn't repairing itself and I am afraid I am on that downward slide to the pearly gates. I just hope my body can hang on for a few more years. I always look forward to birthday cake, presents are ok but I rather have cake with ice cream...yum!!!

Now my chest pain is accompanied by lungs that feel 100 pounds heavier. I have a vacumn sealer for food items and I froze and sealed chicken soup awhile ago so that is coming out tonight for dinner. No muss or fuss. I love my vacumn sealer. When I feel good I make larger portions of dinners and seal and freeze leftovers so I can have quick meals when too sick to cook. I have chili in the fridge to freeze for later dinners.

I am off to make some tea...lets hope I don't melt the tea kettle again..pew..I filled the house with burning plastic.

I hope my little note can cheer someone up!!
    Keep Smiling!!
    --Kristen
  2. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

I have CFIDS and I came down w/a cold a week ago Saturday and don't feel much better. Taking OTC stuff, Daytime, Benedryl, etc...seems to help some, but still don't have any energy at all...just going thru the motions. Mondays are my clothes washing days, so that's what I'm trying to accomplish today and unloading and loading the dishwasher...that's about the jest of it. I haven't washed my hair in over a week and look terrible, just don't have the energy and don't want to fall in the shower (too dizzy)...that would be bad...very very BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I know what you're going thru...I know I probably didn't help you to feel any better, but at least you know you're not alone... so hang in there and pass the kleenex!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!

1Writer
  3. blast

blast New Member

I started with a sore throat and now have a cough and stuffy nose. This the 4th day, and I now I picked it up at the hospital when I went to visit my hubby. I hate hospitals because I always get sick after being in one.
    So, I know how u feel. I am so tired I could barely get up today and get the kids off to school, I am going to take a shower if it kills me cuz after 3 days I am starting to smell. Don't know how u can go a week writer.
    Sherri
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I may have to eat my words one of these days if I catch a cold, but so far, my zapper has kept viruses at bay if I can zap before the virus has a chance to take hold. If I were to catch a bad cold, it would do me in for weeks.

Love, Mikie
  5. Quequay

Quequay New Member

I am glad I am not alone but sorry all of you have colds too. I tried to nap but couldn't so I played slowly with my 3 cats. Now I am really tired but the sandman won't stop by so I am awake. I just left a 5 minute message on my husbands work phone. I have no idea what I said so he's in for a surprise and so am I. I have two paintings to do, commision work for my mother-in-law but this cold is bad.

I think we should have special ID braclets that notify others of our illness. That way we have something to show people like in restaurants that we need special needs like away from smoking sections and at places where we have to wait for service and need to sit. I would be able to show someone I am ill with the bracelet so they don't think I am a crazy lady hobbling down the aisle at the grocery store. And they would be invaluable at hospitals especially in an emergancy. I have ended up several times in the ER and it would be nice to just point to the bracelet.

Oh dear I am babbling again. I am a fast typer, had to be at my old job, so the words just flow. Lately I have been having trouble with fingers hitting two keys at once and forgetting how the keyboard is set up. Guess it is from the FM/CFIDS.

If you would like to see my special cat Daffney click on my name for my profile. I just found out I never filled mine out so I put her picture in. I know she is smiling down from heaven watching over me.

Take care all and have some chicken soup!!!
    Kristen
  6. hope4

hope4 New Member

I thought I had a cold too, but the coughing kept getting worse and my chest felt like someone was sitting on it. I finally decided to go to the doctor. I have an upper respitory infection. A few days later my 12 yr old son got sick with a sinus infection. We both were pitiful. I thought it was difficult enough for me to take care of myself with the infection along with the FM; but to take care of my son too, pushed me over the edge. My husband travels for work, so I was alone with my son last week. He finally went back to school today. To top it off, the bus never came to pick him up so I had to drag myself out of the bed and take him to school. Not to mention, it was freezing outside this morning. When it comes to my family, I feel guilty, because I can't be the perky, active person I was 2 years ago. But they are very understanding and know that I am doing the best that I can and sometimes that means I can't do anything at all.
    I hope you start feeling better soon, my son and I are still on anti-biotics. This disease can be quite overwhelming. I'm so glad that others understand.
  7. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

I tried to respond after your post, but got locked out due to large volume of people trying to post, or something, but just so you don't think I'm STINKING UP the place...LOL...I do sponge bathe everyday...just can't stand in the shower right now...too dizzy and might fall...that would definitely NOT be a pretty sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!
    Hope everyone that posted here gets to feeling better...I feel a little better tonight...will try that shower tomorrow, so, if you can smell...HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeping the old chin UP...
    1Writer
  8. Dara

Dara New Member

or whatever we want to call it. It started with a headache, stiff neck, sore glands, sinus infection, started running a fever. I went to urgent care and they took a chest x-ray and turned out to be pneumonia. I have just finished my last dose of my second prescription for anti-biotics. So, don't assume it's just a chest cold, could be pneumonia. My doctor said to expect it to last at least two to three weeks, then double the time because of the Fibromyalgia. Hope you're all feeling better by now.

Dara