FM/CFS Newcomer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrokimm, Aug 28, 2002.

1. fibrokimm

fibrokimm New Member

I'm a newbie and thank god that this site exists. I'm more of a reader than a poster because of my energy level. I live in S. Florida and by the grace of God got through ssd the second time around...how these folks expect people to live off so little I'll never know, but I'm gratefull anyway. I have every symptom you can imagine and have been on every medication you can think of. At this time my Rheumy has me on fm rotating cocktail meds and I take alot of supplements that make the difference of day and night.

I find that currently My Biggest challenge is the sleep disorder/anxiety/memory/cognitive impairment. Recently did a 3 day hospital admission for sleep deprivation, exhaustion, severe chest pain. Then 2 days later had a slip and fall and now recovering from mild concussion, contussions, exasperated fm symptoms etc...physical therapy 3tx a week. What a difference a day can make. Thank God for allowing me to keep my sense of humor.

Presently I am seeking the 1-800 number to order the "I Remember Me" or "In Memory of Me" fm video tape. Reference was made about it a while back...can't find my notes. Any help would be fully appreciated. Also seeking that wireless heating bed pad...where can I buy it and what name do I refer to ?

God Bless,
    Fibrokimm
  2. fibrokimm

fibrokimm New Member

I'm a newbie and thank god that this site exists. I'm more of a reader than a poster because of my energy level. I live in S. Florida and by the grace of God got through ssd the second time around...how these folks expect people to live off so little I'll never know, but I'm gratefull anyway. I have every symptom you can imagine and have been on every medication you can think of. At this time my Rheumy has me on fm rotating cocktail meds and I take alot of supplements that make the difference of day and night.

I find that currently My Biggest challenge is the sleep disorder/anxiety/memory/cognitive impairment. Recently did a 3 day hospital admission for sleep deprivation, exhaustion, severe chest pain. Then 2 days later had a slip and fall and now recovering from mild concussion, contussions, exasperated fm symptoms etc...physical therapy 3tx a week. What a difference a day can make. Thank God for allowing me to keep my sense of humor.

Presently I am seeking the 1-800 number to order the "I Remember Me" or "In Memory of Me" fm video tape. Reference was made about it a while back...can't find my notes. Any help would be fully appreciated. Also seeking that wireless heating bed pad...where can I buy it and what name do I refer to ?

God Bless,
    Fibrokimm
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Kim, glad to have you on the board. You sound like the rest of us! Glad you have your SSD now. Its a challenge for a lot of people.

As for the 'wireless mattress heating pad' you can get them from Penny's and Sear's. They are wonderful for the morning pain and stiffness. I have mine for a couple of years now, could not live without it.

As for sleep, I take ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B-6), it is a wonder for sleep. If you would like to read about it go to the top right of the board where it says; 'Store', just type in ZMA, there is a good write up on this supplement.

Can't help with the video, but others will know the phone number or where you can get a copy.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

4. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I got this vidoe thru Amazon.com - w/s&h it was $35 I think. Also if you use the Amazon.com link thru the CFIDS Assn. of America (www.cfids.org) a portion of the $ goes towards the cause (also great info on this site - been a member of the org. for years) Video was well worth the money. (I also seem to recall a website irememberme.com - not positive but check it out) hope this helps..AMY