FM clinic very exspensive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I was on Dr. Oz's website today and he had an artivle about a FM center. There was one located about 60 miles from my house so I sent them an email. I had to fill out some information which included my phone number. They called me right away.

Found out that they are not contracted with any insurance companies. It costs around $500 a month, supplements not included and you have to commit to a 12 month treatment program.

Do any of these centers help people with FM?
  2. aftermath

aftermath New Member

Dr. David Bell recently gave a great talk about ME/CFS and XMRV. He made a great point that those who are being treated by doctors generally improve at the same rates as those not being treated.

Personally, as someone who has been to pretty much all the big names, I say save your money. If you have any extra, donate it to WPI or another advocacy organization.

The fact is that we don't even know the cause to this illness, let alone a cure.

If it is FFC, stay FAR away.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

is right. This topic comes up frequently. Most posters report spending lots and
    getting little in return. One woman said don't even think of going if you don't have
    $5,000 in cash.

The most positive response I ever saw was from a lady said her daughter had been
    going for a couple weeks and was pleased w/ the treatment. Did not see any
    subsequent posts from this lady.

4. luckyman

luckyman New Member

When a doctor does not take insurance, it's a definite red flag for me. Not an absolute, but proceed with eyes wide open.