FM clip on local tv station

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, Mar 31, 2010.

1. loto

loto Member

Just wanted to share my thoughts on a SHORT newsclip I saw on a local TV station last night.

When I saw the story come up on the news, I was really surprised. I don't see any news stories about Fibromyalgia in my area.

Anyway, it was a VERY SHORT story, talking about how a study was done (don't know where) that showed light to moderate exercise helped those that participated with their FM symptoms.

The thing that aggravated me about this story was that when they described FM symptoms, they only mentioned the pain part. There was absolutely NO mention of all the many other things that FM does to us, like the mental/emotional stress of it that we and our loved ones deal with, or Fibro Fog, terrible memory, lack of energy, stomach problems, etc.

While I am glad the clip was on because some people out there have never heard of it, or know it is a real condition, I just wish it would have gone into more detail. This condition has apparently been around a long time but in my opinion theres not enough public knowledge about it.

Just wanted to share my thoughts!