FM & Diabetes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gtpgirl, Dec 17, 2002.

1. gtpgirl

gtpgirl New Member

Hi everyone. I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I live in a small town {5000}and am looking to find out more information about it, more than my family doctor can provide. About 5 yeats ago I developed type 1 diabetes. Does anyone know if there is a conection? I have a lot of days that I simply can not get our of bed, and my blood sugers get quite high. Any sugestions?
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Welcome to this Board. You'll find it very helpful and informative. The people here are wonderful! I don't know anything about diabetes and the connection with FMS. I have low blood sugar and have to make sure I eat protein frequently enough. I'm sure someone else will be able to help you with your question though!

Annette2
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello, welcome to the board. You have come to the right place for information.

I have Fibro, for 20 years, but not a diabetic. I know of no connection personally with the two, but we do have some members that are diabetic. They will be glad to share their experience with you.

Just stopped to welcome you, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl

PS. we also have a board for Diabetic's here at Pro Health, just go to the top of the board were it says; 'Message boards', and it will bring you to an index. Just click on 'Diabetes', it will bring you there. You may find some help for diabetes there as well as Fibro here.
  4. SayCheese

SayCheese New Member

I know of the FM a couple of weeks now and had diabetes typeI for almost 20 years. Don't know if there is a connection between the two but find your question a very good one. I thought it was just bad luck to get both.
    Did you already do a lot of research on the internet? I will too and let you know if I find something about this.

Sorry to hear your glucose levels are to high I also have problems keeping my blood sugars nice and low. I think it is because of the pain and the stress that it can give to our bodies. Especially at night while sleeping. When I take a sleepingpill or a muscle relaxant (Lorazepam) before night the next morning my sugar is much better and ofcourse I feel a little less tired too!

Well, good luck and please don't mind my English I'm from Holland.
    Hope to hear from you more!

Love, SayCheese