FM friend says Limu Moui (Tonga sea plant) has helped pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Oct 9, 2005.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I changed the title of this post to see if it would get more responses --

Has anyone heard of or tried Limu Moui? It is something derived from a sea plant in Tonga. I don’t have a lot of info on it. It is supposed to provide vitamins, amino acids, minerals and antioxidants, but more importantly glyconutrients (including galactose, mannose, fucose, glucose and xylose), essential fatty acids, and polyphenols. Also, it has something called fucoidan, which is being touted as a very powerful immune-support nutrient.

So it’s being claimed that it cures just about everything (which I have heard many times before for other products, including noni juice, which didn’t help me). Also, it’s expensive - it’s a liquid and you’re supposed to take 2 ounces a day, which equals 2 bottles a month, and they are about $45 each, so that’s $90 a month.

A friend of mine who has fibromyalgia has been taking this for a few months and she says it has drastically reduced her pain, and she just generally feels better. I have CFIDS, not FM, and am considering trying it, because I generally try everything once.

So I just wanted to know if any of you had any experience with this product. I don’t think you can buy it in a health food store, it’s one of those products where I think you have to buy it from a distributor, sort of like Sea Silver. Although it may be in the health food stores. I just heard about it yesterday for the first time.

Mary
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2005]
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Thanks ellispad and Stormyskye - I changed the title to see if it would get more responses.

I decided I am going to try it, am going to get a bottle this week. More money down the black bottomless pit of Trying to Get Well . . . .

Mary