FM headaches and base of skull pain?? What helps??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowerxo, Sep 28, 2008.

1. sunflowerxo

sunflowerxo New Member

Hi I recently have the seen the post of skull pain with FM but the headaches that come for me every other day are really interfering with life.
    What is everyone doing or taking for headaches if they occur this frequent???
  2. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

and all the way to my eyes. Best thing that works for me is Exedrine Migrain. If you decide to use them, take 2 and lay in a dark room for a couple of hours.
    Good luck Jenn
  3. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi, I to have these very painful headaches in the base or back of my scull.usully start in the shoulder neck area and move up.sometimes I get relief usuing a home traction machine for the cervical spine.relieves the pressure and pain within a few minutes.of course you have to find a Dr. to prescribe it.I orginally got mine when I had two cervical disc hernited.I feel for you , these are very painful. God Bless
  4. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

I use a couple of tennis balls tied together in a sock real tight . and lay on this at the base of my neck. learned this from my physical therapy , it does relive the migraine some ... also the home traction devise can be purchase through different catalogs , like I have been informed if you can get a prescription for this you can write it off as a medical expense at the end of the year.
    Have you had any scans done of your neck yet ? This should be done to be sure what the cause is ,, to make sure you don't hurt yourself with any devise

as in my case Dick dieses and a bulge from t. 3-4
    They are sending me back in to re evaluate this issue , and see a pain specialty doc very soon

Sorry you are having such bad headaches ... Migraines.. I too suffer from this

mine start at the base of my head and work upwards

I hope this helps a little .. and wish you a better day

5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Just a note for anyone taking Ambien CR....I experienced horrible incapacitating base of skull pain and headaches when taking Ambien CR. The pain started to taper off about 1 week after I stopped taking it.

The pain felt like someone was drilling through the back of my head at the base of my skull and the drill was coming out my mouth. In addition, my whole head hurt terribly during that time. It was the only time I have ever been confined to bed.
  6. scott66

scott66 New Member

Try hard rubber balls. Lay on them at the back of the skull area. Or try one of the thumper vibrators they sell at Target.
  7. lke1165

lke1165 New Member

Ice packs work really well for me, as well as Klonopin. Also, regular massages and chiropractic treatment. Good luck!
  8. BethM

BethM New Member

I've had good success in stopping headache and migraine pain with a product called Petadolex. It's an extract of an herb called butterbur. Enzymatic Therapies, a very reputable company, studied this product extensively. If you search for either the product name or the company, you'll find information, including studies they did. I only buy the trademarked product, as I don't trust the 'knock-offs' to be the actual, pure product. (I have no connection with this company, no vested interest in them, other than trusting and using their products for many years.)

Peace, Beth.
  9. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Have you tried going to a recommended chiropractor for an adjustment? Mine helps so much. I get those headaches that start at the base of the skull and run up my head to my forehead. If you're not comfortable with that, a good massage therapist can also help.

Good luck. I'm praying for you.